Will we be able to get our Passports stamped in Victoria bc???

2Oregonians

We got passports about 6 months ago and are anxious to start getting them stamped. We're doing an Alaska inside passage cruise that stops in Victoria bc and I was wondering if we'll get a Canada stamp. Anyone know???

You wont beable to because your sail and sign card act's as your visa for Canada. You can however take your passports to the pursers sdesk and request that they have them stamped for you. I have Done this on several occasions, they are alwas very nice about it.

Have a great Cruise!

You wont beable to because your sail and sign card act's as your visa for Canada. You can however take your passports to the pursers sdesk and request that they have them stamped for you. I have Done this on several occasions, they are alwas very nice about it.

Have a great Cruise!

Oh thanks. At what point do I do that? When we arrive in Victoria? Do they do it right there at the desk, or will they have to keep it and give it back to us later? Thanks!! :)

Oh thanks. At what point do I do that? When we arrive in Victoria? Do they do it right there at the desk, or will they have to keep it and give it back to us later? Thanks!! :)

The pursers desk won't have a CDN cutoms stamp in their possession but will make arangments to have it stamped for you by a CDN customs officer who will have boarded the ship. I don't know if CDN customs will have an officer at the end of the gangway sort of sighting people as the come down the gangway but if they do that is another place you could likey get it stamped. However I would certainly ask at the pursers desk first.

Have a great Cruise!

What if I'm flying in a day before the cruise and spending a night in Vancouver? Does the set sail paperwork still act as my visa? Or will I need to go thru customs with my passport?

Thanks.

Deborah

What if I'm flying in a day before the cruise and spending a night in Vancouver? Does the set sail paperwork still act as my visa? Or will I need to go thru customs with my passport?

No, you will pass thru Canadian Customs at Vancouver airport and then will pass thru US Customs at the cruise terminal. CDN and US Customs do not ordinarily stamp passports for each others citizens but I am sure that the CDN customs would be happy to stamp yours if you wish.

The pursers desk won't have a CDN cutoms stamp in their possession but will make arangments to have it stamped for you by a CDN customs officer who will have boarded the ship. I don't know if CDN customs will have an officer at the end of the gangway sort of sighting people as the come down the gangway but if they do that is another place you could likey get it stamped. However I would certainly ask at the pursers desk first.

Will do. Thanks for the info. I knew that Canada & US don't normally stamp for each other's citizens, but last summer when we went to Victoria by car (ferry) I saw some people ask for a stamp. We didn't have our passports then or I would've asked also. I will this time!!

Archived