Hotel Opinion: Doubletree SanPedro

We are sailing on the Vision April 27th and arriving 1 day pre-cruise. Our original hotel assignment was the Westin in Long Beach and RCI has since changed it to the Doubletree.

If anyone has stayed at the Doubletree, your comments would be appreciated.

Stayed there last May.

Will be there again in NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fine, and much more convenient to the cruise pier than Long Beach.

And free hotel shuttle van to pier.

Um, Carol, you were at the Crowne Plaza, not the DT.:p Rick stayed there.

To the OP, though I have not stayed there, I wouldn't hesitate to try it out. It gets good reviews on the West Coast Departure board. I believe it also has a free shuttle to the pier. I hear they give you chocolate chip cookies at check-in. Enjoy! I keep getting the Crowne Plaza on Priceline, so I have not yet tried it out.

To the OP, though I have not stayed there, I wouldn't hesitate to try it out. It gets good reviews on the West Coast Departure board. I believe it also has a free shuttle to the pier. I hear they give you chocolate chip cookies at check-in. Enjoy! I keep getting the Crowne Plaza on Priceline, so I have not yet tried it out.

Thanks for the replies. I will go over to the West Coast Board and check out the reviews.

Thanks again

:)

Oh, damn, CRS.......Senior Moment.............:( :( :(

Carol is, of course, right.

But I was *in* the Doubletree (to visit Rick!) and it was very nice. VERY nice. Seemed a half-step up from the Crowne Plaza. I don't think that they have a free shuttle, but if you booked through RC, they are supposed to get you to the pier.

We stayed there last December. Even before I read your post I was thinking it's no Westin...but it's okay for one night.

It is however closer to the pier and they do provide a shuttle.

###

Are you sure? If you used it, then I guess you know, but I could have sworn that it didn't have a free shuttle.

Theron, thanks for the site...it's great! As is your name...it was also my dad's name!:)

Wow, that's cool! I've only met one other in person, and the widow of another who had passed away. We're definitely a unique and small crowd! :)

Theron

We have stayed at the Doubletree in San Pedro..........did it last May.

We had a jr suite that overlooked the parking lot and a bit of grass. The room was comfortable, as well as the bed and bath. The rate was very reasonable..........and they did have a shuttle to the pier. We had to sign up for a time slot the evening before.......and now........I'm having a senior moment........can't remember whether we had to pay for the shuttle or it was free. Very convenient to everything.

And.....yes, Carol was there........visiting!! :D :D

Rick

I've stayed there twice in the past (2002 and 2006) when it was Hilton San Pedro and then the Marina Hotel. They were in the process of changing it over to DoubleTree when we stayed there last. Both times I won a bid on Priceline. First time it was $45. In 2006 it was $72. And each time we got to park our car for free in their lot while we cruised. (10 days and 4 days). They had a free shuttle to either port (San Pedro and Long Beach.) Also, a free shuttle to nearby restaurants and stores. I would gladly stay there again, especially if I can get a cheap bid. I don't know if they still offer free parking, though. I'll be sailing on the Mariner a year from now, so I'm sure I'll be checking it out on Priceline in the next several months.

We are sailing on the Vision April 27th and arriving 1 day pre-cruise. Our original hotel assignment was the Westin in Long Beach and RCI has since changed it to the Doubletree.

If anyone has stayed at the Doubletree, your comments would be appreciated.

Stayed there last May.

Will be there again in NINE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fine, and much more convenient to the cruise pier than Long Beach.

And free hotel shuttle van to pier.

You all are gonna be here again? I better run out of town now! :D ;)

Just stayed at the Doubletree San Pedro (for the 3rd time) in March. First class service, warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival, nice room, very, very comfortable beds, quiet, free shuttle service to/from San Pedro Cruise Port. We drive from Las Vegas and leave our car parked in the hotel parking lot for free for the duration of the cruise (15 days this past time). Found the restaurant to be just adequate, nothing fancy. But they will take you anywhere you want to go in their shuttle within a 5 mile range. And there are plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. The hotel's restaurant wouldn't be on my list for the next visit. Mediocore food and not enough servers, and prices a little high. But you don't really care, because you know that you'll be having a feast shortly on your cruise.:D

Our experience has been the same as JennyandJoeS except we drive over from Fort Mohave, AZ. Last time we had a lovely king room overlooking the marina and the LA Yacht Club. If you back out the cost of the parking were you to park at the cruise terminal for $12 per day, the room is almost free. The restaurant is a bit limited and for breakfast get there early and plan to stand inline for up to 30 mins for a table if the hotel is full.

Next month we are staying at the Crowne Plaza for change and I fear we have made mistake....but time will tell.

Archived