Where to fly in to? (port in Brooklyn for Canada/New England Cruise)

I'm looking at booking our flight by using miles, I can fly into Newark (EWR) in and out. I will be staying one night in Manhattan and wanted to know if it's difficult to get from Newark to Manhattan, and then the ship back to Newark at the end of the trip.

Is this a good airport to fly into and what are the travel costs to get to Manhattan (staying over night and then to port) and then costs from port back to Newark (EWR)?

Also, if the return flight is at 1:35 p.m., would I make it back to the airport in time after departing the ship?

Thanks.

hotels in Manhattan are very expensive--how about a hotel at or near Newark airport? worth a look in comparison.

you should have no problem making a flight at that time--you do indicate to your cruise line your flight departure time and airport--they disembark according to that (I know this for sure since upon return we were staying another day in Florida--and we were last to disembark).

I would google transportation to/from Newark airport from Manhattan--one I have used from Manhattan to JFK airport is Super Shuttle-they are reliable and nationwide.

I just re-read your post---are you sailing from Manhattan or Brooklyn??? They are not the same!!

If you are sailing from Brooklyn --and flying into Newark and sleeping in Manhattan?? Do I have this straight??

Ok--Newark to Manhattan-check with Super Shuttle.

Hotel in Manhattan-pricey, but if that is what you want, check out hotels.com or priceline. Be sure to check out the area of Manhattan you are going to stay in carefully. There are some very nice hotels in Brooklyn--Brooklyn Bridge Marriott for one (pricey as well!!)

Manhattan to Brooklyn port--again, I'd check Super Shuttle.

Then disembarking to Newark, right? Again, try Super Shuttle. They have constant service from all over the city to the main airports and Newark is one of those.

Though I live just 15 min from JFK Airport, I sent my DD out of Newark for a trip to Florida to visit family as that was where we got the best price!! Good luck!!

Archived