Wastin' away again in MARGARITAVILLE!

AtoZgirl

So, I'm sitting in the computer room, windows open in the house with a nice 74 degrees breeze coming through, sippin' on a Dos Equis, counting down the days until my cruise on the Carnival Legend (which as you can tell in my countdown, A WEEK!) . I'm definitely doing the happy dance and I'm trying to calm down my excitement but I can't. So, I wanted to ask all you fine cruise lovers what do you do during the last week before you get on the ship. Like packing, last minute shopping, but more in depth. This will be my second cruise so I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing, or some good ideas to do before I leave for a week.:D

We are at 22 days til we leave on the Victory and I am going crazy with excitement. I've started making lists of things I need to pick up and went yesterday and got some of the sample size things like Tide packets to use to wash something in the sink (like bathing suit), Q-tips, hairspray, and picked up a bottle of Downey Wrinkle Releaser - don't leave home without that!!

The week before - i'll be so excited as our daught and SIL will be arriving on Friday before we leave and we haven't seen her since Christmas!! They will be cruising with us, as well as our son and his wife (who is expecting! - and all of a size 00 - will still look great in a bathing suit! lol).

I'll probably double check my paperwork 10 times a day - lol - and will have already made "piles" of clothes to be packed so they don't get worn and end up having to do last minute laundry!

I'm excited for you - Have a Blast on your cruise!

So, I'm sitting in the computer room, windows open in the house with a nice 74 degrees breeze coming through, sippin' on a Dos Equis, counting down the days until my cruise on the Carnival Legend (which as you can tell in my countdown, A WEEK!) . I'm definitely doing the happy dance and I'm trying to calm down my excitement but I can't. So, I wanted to ask all you fine cruise lovers what do you do during the last week before you get on the ship. Like packing, last minute shopping, but more in depth. This will be my second cruise so I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing, or some good ideas to do before I leave for a week.:D

As long as you are asking...I just told my husband earlier tonight that the week before we leave for the cruise, I am going to start early...going to have daiquiris each night...play some jimmy music and enjoy the anticipation....I took off for half of the week before we go...so while I am packing, I will have "wasted away again in Margaritaville" in the background, the travel station on (hopefully with Carribean scenes) and practicing my towel animals (..not really:) ....have a blast and a wonderful cruise!:cool:

We usually pack last minute.. but I say pack then remove half of it (as others say) you won't need it all.. We are down to 1 duffle bag each for luggage and still have too much!!! :D

But the other thing I must say is Enjoy every minute of your cruise.. don't sweat the small stuff.. makes it soooo much better;)

Looking forward to your review.. we are going on her again for the 2nd time in October can't wait:p

I'll be pulling double duty. My girlfriends and & I leave next Sunday for our 4/21 cruise on the Holiday. Then I am home for 6 days and then my DH & I leave for the Destiny on May 3. I will have to try to do most things for our Destiny cruise before I leave on the Holiday. My DH & I own a retail business and he will be staying home and creating paperwork while I am on my girls cruise so i will play paperwork catchup he!! when I get back.

I'll be pulling double duty. My girlfriends and & I leave next Sunday for our 4/21 cruise on the Holiday. Then I am home for 6 days and then my DH & I leave for the Destiny on May 3. I will have to try to do most things for our Destiny cruise before I leave on the Holiday. My DH & I own a retail business and he will be staying home and creating paperwork while I am on my girls cruise so i will play paperwork catchup he!! when I get back.

You are gloating for what reason:rolleyes:

You are gloating for what reason:rolleyes:

I think I am dreading to come back for those 6 days-my DH can generate a lot of paperwork while I am gone. If I could get by with just getting off the Holiday and flying straight to SJU then I would gloat.

We leave this thursday 4/17 on our Miracle cruise.

Not too much left to do. We have all our clothes laid out in teh spare room and ready to pack. Fortunately we are driving to the pier so we can pack all the toiletries we want without that 3oz thing .

DW bought all the staples we are bringing. its just a matter of getting out the bags and packing it.

God 5 more days

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa :) :) :)

If only . . . you've got one week . . . I have two! I'm so darn excited the thought of having to go into the office on Monday is pure torture. I want to stay home and pack . . . unpack and pack again (to lighten the load . . . as if). I've made so many lists to keep me on track . . . I need a list of the lists I've made.

My only advice to you . . . which I need to take myself . . . take a deep breath every few minutes . . . and then try to breathe normally in between. Then keep telling yourself . . . "this is only a cruise . . . this is only a vacation . . . I can wait." Then go outside and scream . . . "ONLY ONE MORE WEEK"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well we have 3 more weeks left UGGGG! We are all getting crazy excited! We have my daughter's college graduation just 2 days before we leave so we have ALOT to be excited about!!!

so let's see.......today I am ordering the T-shirts for the trip, next week I pick them up........I already picked up the dirty laundry bags , the hanging organizers, washed all our "crunk cup" (that is what the my kids call them, they are just thermal mugs) , got the collapsible cooler out of storage, made my DH clear off the counter in the garage so I can start putting all our cruise stuff on it to get packed (crazy little system I have developed over the course of 14 cruises lol) .....I have STILL not gotten my cloths togeather for the dry cleaners.....I just hate doing it so I keep finding excuses not to! I really HAVE to do it today....or tommarow....or at least my Wednesday LOL, ........got my power strip out, ..............let's face it...........I am no where near ready for this cruise........I really have to get off these boards and get my act togeather LOL.

For all of you that have only a week left.........yes I am jelous BUT as you can see, I need all of the 3 weeks I have left to get myself, my DH and my 3 daughters ready for our cruise, not to mention making sure all our other friends and family that are comming. The other night we all got togeather and firgured out who is riding in who's car and where in the heck we are putting all the luggage LOL! This should be intresting!

My daughter Jill (the college grad) doesn't know we have 12 people going on the cruise with her, she just thinks it is Mom , Dad and 2 sisters! Can't wait until she finds out 2 days before the cruise at her graduation luncheon. We will have her hand out all the Tshirts to everyone going on the cruise with us at the luncheon.........should be a great surprise for her! So as you can see I have a FEW things I have to get done before the cruise LOL.........OK I have ALOT to do so all of you ENJOY your cruises in the next few weeks, think of me still packing LOL :)

I spend the week looking for my lost shaker of salt...where's the salt, where's that Dad Gumm Salt!?!?

Al heck, It's all my fault

We use the last week(the only last week we've had) calling credit card companies to inform them that we are out of town. Double checking with friends to check on the house, letting the police know we will be gone, unpacking and repacking, making a folder of all our docs so we have everything at a fingertip notice when we need it, cleaning the house so we don't come home to a wreck, and just being on these boards sharing my excitement with others.

:D

We usually pack last minute.. but I say pack then remove half of it (as others say) you won't need it all.. We are down to 1 duffle bag each for luggage and still have too much!!!

But the other thing I must say is Enjoy every minute of your cruise.. don't sweat the small stuff.. makes it soooo much better;)

Looking forward to your review.. we are going on her again for the 2nd time in October can't wait:p

Wow...we need a duffle Just for our shoes:D His and Mine! We usually have one carry on bag each, one duffle and one large suitcase, one garment bag. I am impressed with your packing!

I agree. I just bought a rolling buffle bag, to put shoes, drinks, snorkling gear, etc into. Then my normal rolling suitcase with clothes. I always over pack so I've kind of given up to trying not to. I am trying to get better at it... but I'm 23 and have a few more years to learn better. I know I definitely won't be paying the extra charge for overweight or over limit bags. That's good enough progress for me!

I think I am dreading to come back for those 6 days-my DH can generate a lot of paperwork while I am gone. If I could get by with just getting off the Holiday and flying straight to SJU then I would gloat.

LOL Ok I agree with you there;)

:D

Wow...we need a duffle Just for our shoes:D His and Mine! We usually have one carry on bag each, one duffle and one large suitcase, one garment bag. I am impressed with your packing!

I agree. I just bought a rolling buffle bag, to put shoes, drinks, snorkling gear, etc into. Then my normal rolling suitcase with clothes. I always over pack so I've kind of given up to trying not to. I am trying to get better at it... but I'm 23 and have a few more years to learn better. I know I definitely won't be paying the extra charge for overweight or over limit bags. That's good enough progress for me!

Well after our 3rd cruise.. and finally realized we didn't need 2 pieces of luggage plus a carry on.. we went with the rolling duffle you can see here...

And we didn't go over the 50lb weight limit going or coming home.. 49lbs was the heaviest bag.

2657369610100989971S600x600Q85.jpg

Pack light! Dont forget your doc. & passport too. I have over 60 days until my cruise. The last week before my cruise I make sure i have all my paperwork in order, finish the packing, carry the dogs to the sitter, and have my house clean because I know when I come back I'll have all the clothes to wash. Enjoy your cruise!

AtoZ Girl...I see you are in Virginia. Me Too. We cruise on Saturday, but are driving down on Wednesday. My suitcases are sitting here looking at me. I've started packing, but I'm so excited I feel like I'm going in circles. The day is dragging. And of course, I keep checking the boards for last minutes "tips". Oh well, you have a great cruise.

AtoZ Girl...I see you are in Virginia. Me Too. We cruise on Saturday, but are driving down on Wednesday. My suitcases are sitting here looking at me. I've started packing, but I'm so excited I feel like I'm going in circles. The day is dragging. And of course, I keep checking the boards for last minutes "tips". Oh well, you have a great cruise.

Look like a lot of virginia people are cruising. Must be a smart state :) And yes.... the day are dragging... and I can barely sleep! My 23rd birthday is the 19th of April and I haven't even thought about it... only the cruise haha. I hope you have a wonderful time. You're cruising off on my birthday. Where are you cruising out of?

Well after our 3rd cruise.. and finally realized we didn't need 2 pieces of luggage plus a carry on.. we went with the rolling duffle you can see here...

And we didn't go over the 50lb weight limit going or coming home.. 49lbs was the heaviest bag.

2657369610100989971S600x600Q85.jpg

Do you take formal clothes too? I always pack my formals in the garment bag.

I spend the week looking for my lost shaker of salt...where's the salt, where's that Dad Gumm Salt!?!?

Al heck, It's all my fault

We use the last week(the only last week we've had) calling credit card companies to inform them that we are out of town. Double checking with friends to check on the house, letting the police know we will be gone, unpacking and repacking, making a folder of all our docs so we have everything at a fingertip notice when we need it, cleaning the house so we don't come home to a wreck, and just being on these boards sharing my excitement with others.

Yes that a good idea on the credit cards. I called my card company but my friend didn't and after she used it the 1st time in Mexico they put a freeze on it, she had a hard time getting in touch with them to get them to release it.

We're leaving out of Port Canaveral. We've left out of that port the last 2 years on Mariner of the Seas. We thought we would give Carnival another try. A cruise is what you make it. And we're just "simple folk" and can have fun doing whatever we want. Have a great time and Happy Birthday. What part of Virginia are you in?

Archived