Port Canaveral...when you fly in a day early, where do you stay?

I recommend the Wingate by Wyndham in Orlando. It's a small hotel, great friendly staff. Reasonably priced, free shuttle to/from the airport, free continental breakfast, spacious and comfortable room, quiet. There's no restaurant on the premises, but it's within easy walking distance to a number of eateries (some of which will deliver to your room for a nominal charge). Our shuttle to the port, which normally picks up only at the airport, was willing to swing by and collect us at the hotel since it's so close.

we stayed at the "Radison at the Cape" last time.. They have free shuttle service to the port, you just need to sign up when you make your reservation.

Very nice hotel. and they have the Sleep Number bed's.. Best night sleep ever... Great pool and bar..

Dave

We stayed at the Radisson also.

Was nice waking up and seeing the ship from the 3rd floor balcony.

Very nice pool area and decent rooms.

Try the departure ports board where there is a thread with every possible hotel in the area listed and any question you can think of has already been asked and aswered.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

Bill

we stayed at the "Radison at the Cape" last time.. They have free shuttle service to the port, you just need to sign up when you make your reservation.

Very nice hotel. and they have the Sleep Number bed's.. Best night sleep ever... Great pool and bar..

Dave

DITTO, but this year we couldnt get a room there, so we are staying at the Comfort Suites in Cocoa Beach, also with a shuttle, first time staying there.

Looks like we're going to have to fly in the day before.
You say that like it's a bad thing:D

Can't help with the hotel question. But, I really believe that you'll be happy with the decision to arrive a day early. We've flown in day-early and day-of-departure. When you get to the ship rested it really makes the first day a lot more enjoyable.

Happy Anniversary,

Charlie

We stay at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites in Cocoa Beach. We rent a car from Budget and fly in a day early. We'll be back in September and our room 2 double beds.......is 138 w/ tax. There is a nice restaurant called Durango's and a breakfast place all right there. Plus there is a big grocery across the street I think it's a Publix so we can pick up all of our last minute stuff.

We also stayed at the Radisson. We rented a car from Thrifty near the airport.

They have a location near the hotel.

We dropped off the car in the morning, and the thrifty shuttle took us to the airport.

We had about 12 or 14 of us from our Roll Call stay there, and we had a pre cruise party at the bar by the pool the night before.

It was alot of fun! We're planning to do it again next year!

Been there many times..always stay at Holiday Inn Oceanfront at Cocoa Beach...rent a car and leave there if you want or at the port or you may be able to deliver at port..or take bus to Cocoa Beach and I believe there is a shuttle. It is the best! (I have gotten it for 70.00 on priceline/hotwire (I usually know if it is HI Oceanfront by its description of "27 acres of ....." on hotwire)

We will always go in a day early for every cruise. Anyway, we also stay at the Radisson and will be back this year. We love the location, the tiki bar and the pool area. We take the auto train down and we'll drive over and park at the pier for our cruise. We don't like the Radisson's shuttle service. It's poorly managed. But, the hotel itself is great. We've had great service there.

We stayed at the Raddison at the port,and could see the cruise ship from our room the next morning. I rented a car from Budget at Orlando airport and dropped off at Port Canaveral, it was walking distance. If you rent from Budget get a fastbreak card online (it's free) then when you get to the airport you don't have to wait in line you just go across the street and walk up to the window and get the car while everyone else waits in the long line!

This past January we rented a car from Enterprise and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach. It's a couple of miles from the terminal, but it was very nice to wake up and see SOS from our balcony (also didn't hurt that I used points to pay for room, so it was free;) ). They do have a Park & Cruise option, but we opted to just leave our rental car @ the terminal and be able to head straight back to the airport after we debarked:D

We have stayed at the Radisson several times, last time was the April 4th before we left on Glory. Won't stay there again. Way too many people waiting for shuttle and for breakfast. Didn't used to be that way. We are going to try a different hotel next time. A taxi from one of the close hotels should be cheap. It was only $12 for 4 of us from Radisson. We did that because shuttle was too full and too long. Also the guy running things was telling people it was so slow because of a bridge problem. We got the taxi and went right in - no bridge problem.

Last year I had originally booked the Radisson because of what I read on the boards. However after looking at Hotels.com many times I liked the way the Best Western Oceanfront was right on the water and next to the pier. I am so glad I rebooked with BW. Right on the beach, walking distance to many things and loved going over to the pier. We rented a car from Budget drove to the hotel (went in 2 days early) got up Sunday morning to catch the Mariner, drove the car to Budget at 10:30 and they shuttled us right away to the pier. It is a short distance from Cocoa Beach to the pier. We will be doing the same thing this year for the Mariner. If you like the beach I say BW. Driving we did see the Radisson (about 2 miles down the road from the BW) it is a very nice place, but we just love the beach.

helicopter- did you re-rent a car when you got off the ship as well to drive back to the airport? If so , how did that work for you? We are planning to do the same thing next spring- fly in day before, rent a car and drive to port to spend the night. Re-rent on return.

I'm trying to find out what the name of the Budget location is near the port. I've heard it is walking distance to the ships and I'd like to drop our car there before we board. What city is it in? There's no location listed for Port Canaveral on their website.

Thanks!

Kirs

I'm trying to find out what the name of the Budget location is near the port. I've heard it is walking distance to the ships and I'd like to drop our car there before we board. What city is it in? There's no location listed for Port Canaveral on their website.

Thanks!

Kirs

The only Budget location that I've used is on A1A and they have a shuttle to and from the ship

Me and my family took this same cruise last year in March. We flew in the day before and stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites (407) 855-4447

1700 McCoy Road

Orlando, FL, US, 32809

for $63.50 which is about 2 miles from the airport. They picked us up from the airport free. They have a shuttle co booth inside the hotel that will take you to different places for fees. Anyway they took us to Port Canaveral for $35pp roundtrip. They had us to meet them in the lobby around 1030am, loaded us up, picked up at the hotel across the street and we were on our way. Dropped us off right at the terminal and was there waiting for us around 9am to take us back to the airport. The hotel had a breakfast (boiled eggs, toast, cereal, grape juice, apple juice, orange juice, different fruits, bacon, sausage, bagels, muffins, pastries). The rooms were nice and cozy, small outside pool. Laura's shuttle @ 407-851-8730. You can call the hotel and they will transfer you. I'm not sure what the prices are now.

In Dec we flew in 2 days early. We rented from budget at the airport and drove ourselves to KSC for the day. Later we checked in at the Doubletree on Cocoa Beach. We had a nice anniv. dinner there at their restaurant. Doubletree was very nice. I would stay there again. There was a red tide while we were there so we didn't spend any time on the beach. There is a Publix right across the street where we picked up soda and water. Just up A1A there is a Liquor store (ABC I believe).

On Sat. morning at 10:30 we dropped off our rental at Budget's location on A1A and they shuttled us over to the port (approx, 10 min. drive). We checked in and we were on board by 11:30. All very easy and painless.

After debarkation, Budget's shuttle picked us up at the port and brought us to pick up our rental. We were back at the airport by about 11:00 and we took our time getting off.

The port is definitely not walkable as there are major roads everywhere.

If you have time try Grilles fro dinner. You can watch the ships come and go as you eat.

Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach is a great area with so much to do. We can't wait to return soon.

Jerry

We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott, really close to the port. We had a suite with 2 full bedrooms, and 2 full bathrooms along with a full Kitchen, dishwasher and all. We had 6 people in this room and it was very comfortable, they also offer smaller rooms.

The buffet breakfast was surprisingly good, and the staff was some of the friendliest that I have encountered recently. For those who are driving their own car, they don't charge any extra for parking for the week. They are serviced by the Cocoa Beach Shuttle, and they were very prompt and excellent to deal with I think it was less than $5 per person to the port, and the driver did all of the heavy lifting with the bags. My big bag was left on the shuttle and a quick call to the shuttle service, and the bag made it to the ship, no problem, we had the same driver back to the hotel, and he asked if my bag made it OK, he was great.

MAC

Thanks again CC. I open the Thread, read the posts, pull up Radisson at the Port online, Pick up the phone and booked a prenight with cruise parking and transfers for $129 + tax. Thank you all for the info.

We are going in June and will be staying at the Sheraton 4points and renting a car from Enterprise. No drop off fee from MCO to the Cape location and they shuttle you to the port.

Enjoy!

I would love to hear how your stay at the Sheraton is we are planning on staying there for two nights after our cruise in August.

Archived