Questions on Eli's tour

waterbugohio

Just got back. Wonderful excursion. Someone mentioned about bumpiness. Seating up front will be bumpier than those in the back. There are two rows of seat in the back. Depending upon the wave condition, you will get some water splashed upon you if you're on the very back row. My wife and I were on the second-to-last row and were fine (had camcorder and nicer camera - had no problems). I didn't think the ride was that bad in terms of "bumpiness" but everyone has different tolerances (no one threw up so I think it was ok) Have a great time. Miss it already!

I am glad to see folks still enjoying Eli's tours. We have done his tour 4 times, and it is great. :)

Hey, Texed-N-Jacqui, welcome back! As 5 time Eli vets we're glad to see so many others enjoying his tours, too!

Did we post that Eli says hi, was asking about you (actually, he asked if we actually knew you). We spent the day with him - not on a tour, just with him - getting a tour of the island and enjoying the day - in January. Can't wait to go back, we're going to try his new sailboat, just had it built in Carriacou. He'll probably have his second one by then, I would imagine, and is going to be starting a new sailing tour soon. Can't wait to try it! If you've been reading his blog, I'm sure I'm telling you stuff you already know....

BTW, we'll be on Summit in January for our first X experience, and will be sure to check out the waffles!

• 2 weeks later...
I guess I was looking for more details. Was hoping someone that has done it would explain more which they liked and why.

Hi there, Just went on Eli's Eco tour on May 16th and had an amazing time. It is included in my critic review, as follows, " This day was spent on a catamaran. The boat didn’t dock where we were told to meet, (there was already a boat in that space) but we saw it arrive and it was near enough. We traveled to bird island for sight seeing and swimming, ate a delicious lunch of barbecue chicken, salads, plantains, and banana cake, with passion fruit juice, water and other choices to drink. Next, we went to Hell’s Gate. While some snorkeled, others, myself included, swam to the rock formation, walked through the cave (watch out for flying birds), and walked on top of the rock. If you take this tour, be sure to take water shoes with you or you will not be allowed to do the walk. It is worth it to see. Give the snorkeling at this spot a miss. You have time to do only one or the other. Another short boat ride and we stopped to do some snorkeling before heading back in to port. The do have snorkel gear for you to use and will give you a lesson if you have never done it before. I saw a pretty blue fish, and others, and my sister saw a stingray. She said it was hiding under the sand with two eyes staring up at her. Hope her photo turns out. Be sure to bring sun protection as the sun can burn your skin glimmering off the water." . We saw sooooo much and were treated very well. You will have a great time whichever you choose I am sure.

Hi there, Just went on Eli's Eco tour on May 16th and had an amazing time. It is included in my critic review, as follows, " This day was spent on a catamaran. The boat didn’t dock where we were told to meet, (there was already a boat in that space) but we saw it arrive and it was near enough. We traveled to bird island for sight seeing and swimming, ate a delicious lunch of barbecue chicken, salads, plantains, and banana cake, with passion fruit juice, water and other choices to drink. Next, we went to Hell’s Gate. While some snorkeled, others, myself included, swam to the rock formation, walked through the cave (watch out for flying birds), and walked on top of the rock. If you take this tour, be sure to take water shoes with you or you will not be allowed to do the walk. It is worth it to see. Give the snorkeling at this spot a miss. You have time to do only one or the other. Another short boat ride and we stopped to do some snorkeling before heading back in to port. The do have snorkel gear for you to use and will give you a lesson if you have never done it before. I saw a pretty blue fish, and others, and my sister saw a stingray. She said it was hiding under the sand with two eyes staring up at her. Hope her photo turns out. Be sure to bring sun protection as the sun can burn your skin glimmering off the water." . We saw sooooo much and were treated very well. You will have a great time whichever you choose I am sure.

I had a great time on the Eco Tour. I will say that the snorkeling wasn't that great. It's decent. We went to the Baths the next day in Virgin Gorda and I saw much more snorkeling off the beach than I did on Eli's. My other minor critcism is that not everyone can hear Eli's guide speak when on the boat. He should either move around or they should set up a small speaker system. We all had a great time and I recommend it highly.

Just looked at the website for Eli's tours. On the FAQ section he has that he does tours for cruise passengers in the winter. Does he not do the tours for cruise passengers during summer months?

I went in May and that certainly isn't the winter. You should just e-mail them. They are very responsive.

• 10 months later...
Just looked at the website for Eli's tours. On the FAQ section he has that he does tours for cruise passengers in the winter. Does he not do the tours for cruise passengers during summer months?

Good question. We will be in Antigua in July and are considering this tour.

For those of you that did the Eco Tour, did you get to see Nelson's Dockyard?

• 4 months later...
Good question. We will be in Antigua in July and are considering this tour.

For those of you that did the Eco Tour, did you get to see Nelson's Dockyard?

We just booked for March 3rd. They were very responsive via email. Can't wait.

I'm thinking about booking the Eco-Tour tour, but I don't see anything about how long the tour is. My parents would like to go, but don't want to spend any more than 4 hours.

6+ hours, pick-up around 9AM back to the dock around 3:30 or 4 if I remember correctly.

Ernie

Archived