Soda question

We are flying into MIA and have no time to stop and purchase soda in Miami before heading to the port.

I want to take some soda in checked baggage onto the plane. A friend mentioned that there might be a problem with the fact that the baggage compartments are not pressurized and also it gets cold. He thought canned or bottled soda might explode.

Has anyone packed soda in luggage? Any problems? Did you use cans of soda or bottles?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

How much were you going to bring? How much of your luggage allowance (on the plane) will that use up? How much are you saving by going to all of this trouble???

If you do it, I'd certainly get some of those heavy-duty zip-loc bags and pack them inside several!

(Sodas onboard are about $1.50 or so--not a budget breaker!)

I need to bring Caffeine Free Diet Coke... more an issue of this not being available on the ships. I've only been able to get it on HAL and this is an NCL cruise. I probably posted my question on the wrong board since it's not really a money saving issue. Sorry about that.

2 things-

1-why not just ask the cab driver or limo/car driver to stop at a 7-11 on the way so you can pick up a 12 pack or two? Have seen mention elsewhere of the diffculty of finding caffeine free diet coke on ships.

2-thought I could not help with your question about carrying the soda in your bags, but suddenly I recalled a long ago trip to Colorado!! I am talking probably over 30 years ago!! They had a great beer there-Coors-only made it in the Rockies and it was not sold on the east coast since they shipped it in refrigerated trucks at the time. My Mom and I thought it would be very funny to bring some home with us and we did!! The beer made it fine, but the suitcase split and I will never forget the bag coming down the ramp to the carousel with the beer cans rolling out of it!! It was hilarious!!!!!!!

Archived