Celebrity Transfers

tinka14

Hi all

We're sailing on the Galaxy this year and we will be staying in Rome for 2 nights beforehand. I know Celebrity have their choice of hotels in Rome at a high price but if you stay in one their hotels - you get a transfer to the port.

However, if you don't stay in one of the Celebrity hotels,can you still join the transfer, obviously at a cost?

They would be making money out of you in any case so it would seem weird if they don't offer this facility.

Hope someone knows!

Thanks

Tinka14:)

Despite what some of you think about Celebrity, it really isn't about making money.

Celebrity hires a motorcoach to pick up guests at each of the hotels they use. There is no option to sell guests who are not booked in the hotels through Celebrity a transfer.

The transfer is part of the hotel package price - it cannot be purchased without the hotel package, although taxis are readily available almost everywhere.

If you check the price for transfers from Rome to the pier you may find that Celebrity's pre-hotel with transfers is not that much. Last time I check I think a taxi is about $100.00 plus which may be OK for 4 but don't forget the luggage cars are smaller in Europe.

Another option is to take the train which is much cheaper but once again don't forget all the luggage you may be taking. It would also help if you speak Italian.

It has been my experience that the cruise lines do not make much is any money with a pre- or post-tour. Remember Celebrity's price is for better hotels, includes taxes (which can be significant) transfers from the hotel, (you don't have to go from hotel to train or bus terminal). Consider all these little cost items and you might find the cruise line to be cheaper

Thanks for the replies so far..we've already decided that although it is way cheaper, we won't take the train to Civitavecchia - we will have 2 large suitcases with us plus handluggage and we simply don't want the hassle of getting on/off the train as I have read other posts and I have to say been put off - esp if you have only 2 mins to get yourself plus luggage onto the train!

We have joined our roll call for the cruise so we are waiting to see if we can buddy up on the transfer.

Tinka14

Archived