Parking at Miami Port is cash only

flem1064

Just wanted to tell everyone that I just parked in Lot 2 last week, and it as cash only. They are in the process of installing credit card machines, but it was strictly cash, $140 to be exact.

Maybe other lots in Miami have cash, but we sailed on the Triumph in Terminal D (I think?) and Lot 2 was my "closest" lot, pretty good walk, but I needed that after having six melting choc desserts over the course of the week! :D

Just wanted to tell everyone that I just parked in Lot 2 last week, and it as cash only. They are in the process of installing credit card machines, but it was strictly cash, $140 to be exact.

Maybe other lots in Miami have cash, but we sailed on the Triumph in Terminal D (I think?) and Lot 2 was my "closest" lot, pretty good walk, but I needed that after having six melting choc desserts over the course of the week! :D

Could you answer some questions for me?

We'll be cruising on Triumph in May. Is there other parking closer or is it all lot 2, etc. Was it that the other lots were full? Did you drive up to give your luggage and then go to park? Is it all clearly marked?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Sorry for not getting back, I didn't subscribe to the thread....

Lot 2 was not all that inconvenient, could have been worse. You pull up to the unloading area in front, drop off your bags, get bag tags from the porters, leave a tip (if you decide to), and park your car.

Cash only for now, but credit card machines being installed. Make sure you have cash just in case. There might have been a Lot closer (but not much), but I can't recall the Lot number.

I didn't know any of this when I got there. The porters will guide you to the closest lot, they did for me.

Cheers

Parking is $20/day....$140 for a 7-day cruise.

That cash parking garage was pretty far from the terminal Freedom was using 2 weeks ago...I had to walk about 3 cruise ships' length to get to Garage "C", 'cuz I had all the cash, but DH had the car :(

Cindy

Additional FYI.... If you have a handicap parking sticker or license plate, parking is free.....

Really? My parents are traveling with us in October and my mother is handicapped and they will be driving. Is there a certain lot they would need to go to?

We are going on the Truimph in October and are travelling down a day early. Since we will have the cost of a hotel room anyway, I made sure to book us a hotel that will allow us to leave our car at the hotel while we are on our cruise. So instead of paying $150 for the hotel and an additional $140 for parking we have it covered for just $150. And that does include a shuttle to the port.

We are going on the Truimph in October and are travelling down a day early. Since we will have the cost of a hotel room anyway, I made sure to book us a hotel that will allow us to leave our car at the hotel while we are on our cruise. So instead of paying $150 for the hotel and an additional $140 for parking we have it covered for just $150. And that does include a shuttle to the port.

Sounds like a great idea! Which hotel are using to do this? :)

We drove to Miami from the Chicago area the end of March for our Imagination cruise. All of our paperwork said to park in lot 2. However, Lot 2 was closed. (I imagine full) So, we headed to the garage. The garage does take credit at 20 per day. There were signs for shuttles to the ship area, but we NEVER saw a single shuttle! So, we started walking...with all our luggage (5 of us) plus my parents 2 bags thinking we were being nice so they didn't have to carry/check luggage on their plane. We walked 3 full ships to get to the porter. Thank goodness my DS (16) is in shape and carried a lot! When we got back, DD and I went to get the car and we packed it up(top included) right on the curb. Thank goodness there wasn't many people getting to the port yet! Again...NEVER saw a shuttle!

We are staying at the Fairfield Suites by Marriott near the airport. Good thing about staying there is we have a Marriott rewards account and we will get credit for our stay, which will go towards our next cruise.;)

Not free any more.

Actually, yes parking is free if you have a handicapped placcard or license. I emailed the Port of Miami to ask this specifically as my mom, who is handicapped was cruising with us, and they replied that handicapped parking is free!:)

THanks for the info on the handicapped parking. I know when we were there last Sept it was free and I was hoping the same for this Sept when we go again all my plates and hang tags are there and up to date. How far is the walk for a handicapped person?? Thanks for and new info

Not free any more.

Actually, yes parking is free if you have a handicapped placcard or license. I emailed the Port of Miami to ask this specifically as my mom, who is handicapped was cruising with us, and they replied that handicapped parking is free!:)

We JUST used the parking lot last week, April 6th - 13th and did not have to pay for parking.... My husband was driving with my dad sitting next to him, the handicap sticker was hanging from the rear view mirror, the parking attendant looked at my dad and said "go on in"... and that was it... The funny part is is that the handicap sticker is really for my Mom who they dropped off at the entrance because she really can't walk!!!

We JUST used the parking lot last week, April 6th - 13th and did not have to pay for parking.... My husband was driving with my dad sitting next to him, the handicap sticker was hanging from the rear view mirror, the parking attendant looked at my dad and said "go on in"... and that was it... The funny part is is that the handicap sticker is really for my Mom who they dropped off at the entrance because she really can't walk!!!

ACTUALLY, parking is only FREE to those drivers with special stickers. ALL others pay, or at least that is the way it is at Port Canaveral, unless you have a lift, or suicide knob.

From the POM web site 20 April 2008:

Parking:

Parking is available in facilities located in front of individual cruise terminals. No reservations are required to park at the Port of Miami. Long-term parking for a regular vehicle occupying a single space is $20 per day. Short term parking is $7.00 if you are coming to see someone off but, not intended for overnight parking. All Cruises in the current itineraries would fall under Long Term Parking.

Rates will vary for larger vehicles (ie., oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers). If the vehicle is over 20’ in length then an additional $20.00 is added per day. Therefore, these larger (ie., oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) cost $40.00 per day and all oversized vehicles can only park in Lot #2.

Currently C, G, and J accept either cash, credit (Visa, MasterCard, American Express only), or any major US Travelers checks. The parking facility in front of Terminal B and Lot #2 is currently cash and any major US Travelers Checks.

Additional Parking Information

• There is no Valet Parking at the POM.
  • Due to security precautions Car/Shuttle rental company facilities are not located on the Port of Miami premises.
  • Long term parking is $20.00 per day for cruise passengers parking for 24-hours/overnight or longer per cruise length.
  • Short term parking is $7.00 if you are coming to see someone off but, not intended for overnight parking.
  • All Cruises in the current itineraries would fall under Long Term Parking.
  • Oversized vehicles such as motor homes, truck with trailers, or buses that are over 20’ in length will be charged an additional $20.00 per day and can only park in Lot # 2.
  • At this time, Handicapped parking is Free.
  • The Port of Miami currently has 3 Parking Garages available for Cruise passengers. The total capacity now available is 5,871, with 56 dedicated to the handicapped and 7 to passengers with young infants. The top floor is open to air at each Garage. There is also one outside Parking Lot available as well.

If you have handicapped exemption, the completion of a short form is required. Having the form pre-filled prior to leaving will expedite your entrance/exit at the Toll Booth. Please email us your mailing address so the form can be sent to you via U.S. mail. Upon request, forms can be mailed 30 days in advance.

Couple this information with this map if you have your terminal number and you'll know where u r in relation to the parking

http://www.miamidade.gov/portofmiami/library/PORT_MAP_Jan2008.pdf

Archived