Electrical outlet/CPAP on the Pearl

retiredAF

We are in a mini on the Pearl in June and my husband sleeps with a CPAP. Does any one know how far the electical outlet is from the bed? I want to make sure we bring the right size extenion cord. We both sleep so much better with his CPAP. :D

usually the outlets are on the opposite side of the room. on the star and the spirit, the oulets were by the vanity..across from the bed. a normal extension cord should work. you may want to bring a multi-outlet strips to plug the extension cord into. just to give you more outlets if you want to charge camera batteries or anything at the same time.

sorry, i haven't been on the pearl yet.

CPAP is the machine people use for breathing at night.

My Dh also uses a CPAP and we have an extension cord packed in with his extra "travel" machine. We also have a power strip in the bag to use for the battery & phone chargers, etc.

He found a relatively inexpensive CPAP on eBay which he uses exclusively for traveling.

I only visited a mini on our one nighter and I didn't check where the outlets were. But, I would guess that if you took a 6 to 10 foot extension cord and a power strip or squid, you will probably be alright. The outlets are probably across the cabin by the television.

npearlcabin11598.jpg

And, if that's not enough, please let me know when you get back as we're in a mini on July 6th ;)

Wow, there were 4 replies while I typed this!

my husband uses a BIPAP. at the suggestion of people on the boards we brought a power strip to plug into the outlet on the desk/vanity in the sitting area.we also brought a short heavy duty extension cord. we ran the BIPAP's cord under the bed with the extension cord...at night we just plugged the extension cord into the power strip. having the power strip was a necessity for us....we could charge various phone, camera, walkie-talkie batteries as necessary. there is no electrical outlet near the head of the bed. we just went to a big hardware store and bought the ones that were the right capacity but lightest weight and stuffed them into the BIPAP carrying case. stayed in hotels before and after and used them there too. you'll LOVE the pearl and the mini.:):)

We are in a mini on the Pearl in June and my husband sleeps with a CPAP. Does any one know how far the electical outlet is from the bed? I want to make sure we bring the right size extenion cord. We both sleep so much better with his CPAP. :D

We were in a Penthouse on the Star and the ONLY 110V outlet was in the dressing room. I brought with me a 25' orange extension cord and thank god I did. The butler taped it to the rug so we did not trip over it. Usually there is a 110v at the desk which is usually opposite the bed and a 15' would do you fine but beware you might run into a problem like we did.

I am going to look at my cpap and see if it will work on 220v and if it does get the proper adapter as there is usually 220v right by the bed. I still would bring the extension cord. Hope this helps

I only visited a mini on our one nighter and I didn't check where the outlets were. But, I would guess that if you took a 6 to 10 foot extension cord and a power strip or squid, you will probably be alright. The outlets are probably across the cabin by the television.

And, if that's not enough, please let me know when you get back as we're in a mini on July 6th ;)

Wow, there were 4 replies while I typed this!

Make it at least 15 ft. 25ft is even better - less risk of tripping over it.

We took 25ft extension cord - and it was plenty long enuff - I took it from vanity table down along the edge of balcony door (and put the balcony mat on top of it) and against wall. Then I snaked it behind the sofa to the bed head.

The power strip is a must - I'm glad I read about it on CC prior to the cruise.

I use a CPAP machine - I put it on the sofa next to me - make sure you put a piece of paper underneath the filter opening or you're breathing the sofa!! :eek:

Previous cruise I was able to borrow an extension cord from receiption, but this time we brought ours and longer.

I am going to look at my cpap and see if it will work on 220v and if it does get the proper adapter as there is usually 220v right by the bed. I still would bring the extension cord. Hope this helps

The CPAP machine should work on either 110 or 220v.

I have used mine on both sides of the pond without elec convertor - all I need is plug adaptor.

Archived