Return of the Valor Vagobond Cruisers!!!

MamaTene

Great pis Danielle and have to agree..the foot one is classic style all the way!

John: If indeed you do have opportunity to vacation for few days in St Maarten, you will love it for sure. Hubby and I stayed at the Holland House right on front street for our 25th wedding anniversary....3 days in St Maarten and 7 aboard a private chartered sailing yacht. Trip of a lifetime for us but be prepared...food and drinks are VERY EXPENSIVE!

Our next trip is family vacation to condo in Florida with all the kids, their spouses and grand kids. That is in June..condo is right on the intercoastal near Port Canaveral so we can watch the ships come and go.

In early November we are going to Vegas for week or so as hubby is attending the Big Smoke In at the Venetian which is sponsored by Cigar Afficiano.

End of November thru Dec 9 I will be on Panama Canal cruise with friends I met here on Cruise Critic.....

Any others from our group planning trips this year??

Wow, Chris.....you're a busy bee this year! And, uh....can I come live with you????:D

The Saint and I only have one trip planned this year.....we're going to the mountains (Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge) in July. His ancestors settled in that area and he still has family there, so it's shopping for me (outlet malls) and visiting family for him.

I also have a class reunion in August that I'm planning.....way too many irons in the fire at this time. I told myself once I returned from the cruise (ahhhhh, lovely) I would charge ahead full steam on the reunion. However, I just can't seem to get it together.

I so want to plan another cruise....this time maybe to the Southern Caribbean. Of course, I already have a ship/sail date in mind:) Just have to convince the others to fall in line behind me.

I'm still waiting tfor several of the other Vagabonds to chime in.......did they forget us so quickly?????

Ginny

Thanks! We actually just had a day in Miami, as our flight out departed at 6:30 on the Sunday evening from Ft. Lauderdale. We did self-assist and were off the ship by 9:30. We booked a car rental nearby, and just spent the morning at South Beach (would have loved to have spent more time in Miami though... next time...), and spent the afternoon shopping at Sawgrass Mills (which I'd highly recommend - good thing we only had a few hours or I would have done some serious damage!) :-) Debarkation was great - initially, we were given a high number (28!) but when we told the pursers desk we had a car rental booked for 10:00 a.m., they moved us up to group 6 - no problem...

HI All!!

Just checking in.....I'm still out here.......been very busy getting our home sold and a new one purchased........had to fix a few last minute things.....I forgot how moving is so stressful........lots of work.....and what makes me mad is the people could back out at the last minute and ruin it all for us.......I dont like that feeling.......oh well cross your fingers for us.....

Danielle tell Noel Hi for me and to root for my Red Wings.......We are doing very well so far......we should wrap it up this week.........

Chris, tell hubby he is lucky going to the cigar aficianado get together...I always read about it but never can go.....Tell him I did enjoy a cuban Romeo Julietta in St.maarten............with a Heineken!!!

Ginny,

Hope all is well with the family..........Take care everyone.....

I still have to do my review.....just so stinking busy....

Oh, only trip we have planned is Disney in Sept.....just wife and I.......

Cya

Hey Friends! All is well in Tennessee. John, I have my fingers crossed for you. Hope all goes well with the selling of the house.

My sister will return to the surgeon on Wednesday, so I'll let you know. However, she is already planning for another cruise.....YEAH!!! We hope to cruise the Southern Caribbean......St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and my favorite.......ST. MAARTEN!!! The Carnival Miracle makes that trip from Ft. Lauderdale....anyone sailed on her before?????

Oh Ginny....southern caribe...how wonderful! I had looked at that same itinerary and thought that it would be really nice. I hope everyone is doing well. We are super busy here with the end of school around the corner and end of the year testing...no fun! Ya'll take care!

Rachel:)

Hello Ginny and everyone, I just now found the new board, I have been so busy since getting back home and still trying to finish getting everything organized back home...it was so nice to meet everyone on the cruise, me, Gus and Jen had the best time ever and getting to know alot of new people made it all the better...I am so ready for another cruise, How has eveyone been doing since getting back ?

Robin

I posted my review of the cruise!! I kind of skipped around on it....and they didnt print it the way I submitted it......I had more paragraphs...they ran it all together....I dont need any of the teachers from our group taking a red pen to my review!!! LOL

Hope all is well with everyone.....

Robin tell Gus to give me a shout on the CB when he gets around Battle Creek Mi........Call out for "Big J" all the truckers know me in the area!!!

Everything is going well with the sale of our house......they want to do a final inspection on our pool......when I open it.....(2 weeks from now)

I still need to go back to St. Maarten!!!!! I think I left something there at the restaurant.......better go check it out!!!

Everything blooming like crazy here in Ohio and the grass is so bright green!

New grandbaby is due Dec 14..I get back from my Panama Canal trip on Dec 10! Hopefully she wont delv early..

John, hopefully all going well with sale of house. Tom is really looking forward to the Cigar Afficiano conference in Vegas in November. He will receive a bout 25 different cigars from people exhibiting. Last time he and I were in St Maarten together he too did the Cuban cigar bit...talk about strong!

John, I read your review.......so good, just as all your writing is! I was glad to be on the same ship with you and Lisa.....and I loved your neighbors!! But if you'd rather stay on the boat than visit Nassau, you should have been with us at Senor Frogs, right Robin?? We had a ball. They even played "Sweet Home, Alabama" in our honor. But, I do agree with the remainder of your review of Nassau.

ROBIN....I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!!!!!! So glad you decided to post. I have some wonderful pictures to share with you. Please email me at ginnylaws@hotmail.com and I will send them. We had so much fun with you, Gus and Jennifer. My friend LeeAnne asks about you every time we talk.

Never again will I get off a ship without exchanging email addresses/phone numbers with people I've enjoyed....if they don't post, you've lost out on so much.

Rachel, keeping looking at the cruise to the Southern Caribbean...we'd love to have you join us!

Ginny

Archived