Butchart in May

I'm going to be in Victoria in the beginning of May. I've heard confliciting information about the gardens at that time of year. Will there be much blooming then or will the flowers mostly be in the bud stage? Also, what is the typical weather in May? I know I can never count on the weather just want to know what is typical. I've been to the garden once before in July. We arrived at 7 p.m. and left around 10:00 although it was beautiful at night I really want to see it in the daylight.

The weather has been like summer (till today!) & the buds & blossoms are coming out. May is often a beautiful month & the Butchart should be lovely. It is the best month for the rhododendrons, among others, making it one of the nicest months.

Graham.

The weather has been like summer (till today!) & the buds & blossoms are coming out. May is often a beautiful month & the Butchart should be lovely. It is the best month for the rhododendrons, among others, making it one of the nicest months.

Graham.

Yesterday I drove over the Malahat and had sun, rain, hail, snow (sticking to the ground) hail, rain and sun in the space of 45 mins!! So weird to see all fours seasons within a hour!!!

May is so lovely here and Butchart will be gorgeous :) Now June might be wet......

I am in Harrison, and pass by Minter Gardens in Chilliwack quite often. Even from the road, you can see a beautiful variety of blooms already. We had snow here yesterday and it's only going to be 47F for the Vancouver SunRun on Sunday! Very unseasonal weather.

Viv

• 4 weeks later...
May is so lovely here and Butchart will be gorgeous :) Now June might be wet......

Ah ohhh!:(

I'll be there next month. I guess I better pack my umbrella and slicker:( .

Ah ohhh!:(

I'll be there next month. I guess I better pack my umbrella and slicker:( .

There is just no telling what the weather is going to do. You should be OK into June but right now when it should be nice, for the last 36 hrs it has been raining. However it is suposed to stop this afternoon and by the Saturday we could have 85 to 90* temps. Victoria seldom gets that warm but it could well be in the low 70's in June.

There is just no telling what the weather is going to do. You should be OK into June but right now when it should be nice, for the last 36 hrs it has been raining. However it is suposed to stop this afternoon and by the Saturday we could have 85 to 90* temps. Victoria seldom gets that warm but it could well be in the low 70's in June.

Low 70's would be just fine.

FYI - even if it is raining, go to Butchart's anyway. They supply clear umbrella's for your use, there are containers of them all over the Gardens. Don't forget, just because it's raining in downtown Victoria it might not be out at the Gardens.

FYI - even if it is raining, go to Butchart's anyway. They supply clear umbrella's for your use, there are containers of them all over the Gardens. Don't forget, just because it's raining in downtown Victoria it might not be out at the Gardens.

Thanks for the info...good to know!

Archived