Dallas to Galveston for Rhapsody?

DrTeddy

We like in OK and always drive to Galveston. It's about 11 hours and I would think about 7 for you. Is there a reason you would not want to drive to the port? It would probably be the easiest and the most economical I would think:)

We are in Oklahoma too!! The past 2 times we have driven, but next weekend we decided to fly into Houston Hobby on Southwest.

Marie

Drive from Dallas to Galveston is 4.5 to 5 hours including stop in Huntsville for break and Blizzard from DQ.

Drive down the day before and stay the night. Most hotels provide free parking for pre or post cruisers.

If you fly to Houston, most posters have reccommended using a limousine to get to Galveston. We haven't done it so can't comment about it.

The reason I need this service is that, there will be 6 (adults) of us with at least 6 huge luggages. I do have a minivan but I dont think it's sufficient enough to handle all the loads.

My wife always packs more things than we need and there will be two more females so, at this point, maybe I should consider U-Haul? :)

There is lots of construction between Dallas and Houston, and Houston itself on the way to Galveston, give yourself 6 hours anyway. I don't think there are any services to drive from Dallas to Galveston. But, you can get cheap air on Southwest from Love Field in Dallas to either of the Airports in Houston (I would recomend the one on the south side, use to be called Hobby) and get RCCL transportation from there. If you book far enough in advance you should be able to get the air for about 49 dollars each way.

I hope this helps

We took this cruise in June 2001 and drove from Dallas to Galveston. At the time, the travel agen told us about bus service available from Dallas that left from a WalMart parking lot in Irving on Highway 183 near Irving Mall. I believe the cost was about $65 per person round trip.

I agree with the above post about construction on I-45 going south to Galveston. You will need estra time as the interstate is down to one lane for long stretches of construction.

Archived