Please Help need info on PV

THERAPYCRUISE

:confused: Does anyone know if you can get a boat out of PV to the Marietta Islands on your own or do you have to book with Carnival? Also any info regarding the Las Caletas swim with the Sea lions in there natural habitat. Do I have to book thru CCL or does anyone know of a way to do this w/o booking thru CCL?:confused:

The cruiselines have contracts with VAllarta Adventures, and if you make your reservation directly with them they will ask where you stay. As soon as they know that you come with a ship, they will not accept your reservation.

There are some other companies that offer tours to the Marietas Island too, they do not mind whether you are on a ship or not. And then there is a posiblity to take a bus to Punta de Mita (about one hour), and rent your own panga (little boat) and go all private.

Most tours stay only an hour orso with the island so that you can snorkel, and go to another beach after that to rest.

The islans where recently declared a biosphere by the UNESCO, and is one of the best places to see birds. You might see the blue footed booby. There are 94 species of birds.

The cruiselines have contracts with VAllarta Adventures, and if you make your reservation directly with them they will ask where you stay. As soon as they know that you come with a ship, they will not accept your reservation.

There are some other companies that offer tours to the Marietas Island too, they do not mind whether you are on a ship or not. And then there is a posiblity to take a bus to Punta de Mita (about one hour), and rent your own panga (little boat) and go all private.

Most tours stay only an hour orso with the island so that you can snorkel, and go to another beach after that to rest.

The islans where recently declared a biosphere by the UNESCO, and is one of the best places to see birds. You might see the blue footed booby. There are 94 species of birds.

We caught the bus up there this past Nov and rented a panga and had a GREAT time, we were in Nuevo and took a taxi to Buderias at about 11 AM, walked around and grabbed a bus marked Punta de Mita, got there, walked around went to a beach front restaurant our friends knew OMG good!!

The Panga was 1250 pesos (including tip) and was a great deal for the five of us, the driver pointed out the first whale of the season and snorkelling just off Marietta islands were much better then I expected!!!

Blue feet bobbies all over (OMG so cute) we were out in the water for over an hour (at least ) and all felt that we had received an incredible deal on the panga!!!!

Lunch was back in PDM at the oceanfront restaurant and what a lunch!! Best margaritas I have ever had (on the rocks) and dh, ds and I shared a seafood platter for two (390 pesos) and WOW it was more then enough food and very good. We caught the bus back to Bucerias and were home at the Marival resort by 3:30 PM.

If I were on a cruise ship I would do this trip in a heart beat just like we did.....One of the best days we ever had :)

WOW, That sounds perfect. My only concern is that I am traveling with only my best friend, we are both women. Do you feel it will be safe for us to take the bus and do all that by ourselves? If you or Astrid know of a guide that can take us to where we can get the panga that might help. Thank you so much for the great info.

WOW, That sounds perfect. My only concern is that I am traveling with only my best friend, we are both women. Do you feel it will be safe for us to take the bus and do all that by ourselves? If you or Astrid know of a guide that can take us to where we can get the panga that might help. Thank you so much for the great info.

I wouldn't do that trip with a guide what so ever none is needed :)

I would do it with only a girlfriend in a heartbeat!!! Truly I feel safer in PV and surronding areas then I do many parts of Canada!!! That said, I always keep an eye on where I am and who I am around, but yes I would feel safe doing that same trip with only another female.

Let me get more details about the name of the restaurant, the server who got us onto the panga and captain. I know when we got off the bus we were a little swarmed by drivers and people trying to hook us up with a panga. We choose to go to this beachfront restaurant that my friends knew and Loved (for good reason YUM) so the men could have a beer and we could get our bearings, it was important to my husband that the panga driver be older and more mature and our server knew just such a fellow :0

I will see if I can get the name of the restaurant and panga. When are you going ???

Hi Quincy,

Thanks for replying so fast. We are going on May 18th on the Pride. We will be PV may 21st. I was going to try and get a eco wild dolphin tour in the morning. Do you think we will have enough time if we don't get started to Mariettas until around 1:00pm? Our boat does not leave port until 10:00. Thanks again

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Punta de Mita on the bus either alone or with a girlfriend, nor to eat at any of the beach restaurants, or go with any of the panga boats (we've done this very thing before).

I suggest you take a taxi back to the ship from Punta de Mita, though, as the bus will probably be more crowded on the way back, and if you're not heading out until 1, you might be returning in the dark...it's a long bus trip, and not as enjoyable in the dark, plus you might be short on time.

Enjoy!!!

Hi Quincy,

Thanks for replying so fast. We are going on May 18th on the Pride. We will be PV may 21st. I was going to try and get a eco wild dolphin tour in the morning. Do you think we will have enough time if we don't get started to Mariettas until around 1:00pm? Our boat does not leave port until 10:00. Thanks again

I think I would maybe think about cabbing back, that said, it *should be* alright just by bus. Buses run so often!!!!

Could you do the Mariettas trip first thing arriving at there about 11ish and then do the dolphin thing later??

To me that seems like alot to try to fit in one day!!!

I was looking at our pictures of that day and they always make me smile :)

Have a wonderful trip and please come back and post a review of you day (and trip :)

Archived