US Travel Agents

As Shiona has already stated....We have also been able to book Princess with no problem thru a couple of US sites...we received our booking numbers ... ( used personaliser to check) ... within minutes and the deposit was drawn by Princess Cruises...not the agent..so all went well...:)

We have very close friends who book direct with RCL in the US and then take their booking number to an agent here, who completes the arrangements.... amazing!!

happycruiser3...no problem!!

S&D:D

110_o2.gif.d8e8d2d2b3c1b13860ebc50969346851.gif

We have used US TA's for the past 4 years and have been very happy with their prices and service. The deals they offer in the USA are so much better than you could ever get in Australia or New Zealand.

I would highly recommend you take a look at booking your next cruise through a US TA.

Jillybean:)

There is one US T/A that says on their website that they cannot book cabins on a number of Cruiselines for non-US citizens - but of course, those cruislines are not the only ones that the T/A has cruises with, so there are still some options with this particular T/A.

BUT - I have not seen this advice on other US T/A's websites. Has anybody seen this advice elsewhere?.

Barry

Hi again...

Actually........a couple of USA cruise agents DO STILL book Princess, we have used them 3 times for this. Even though their sites may say otherwise, if you email or telephone them, they do in fact book us down here in Australia.

We have a great TA here also, and we would love to book more through her, the service is amazing!...but sometimes it comes down to the $$$ I'm afraid!!!

Happy cruising everyone..

:)

S&D

beachfish01.gif.fd4b7840fcdc907c2be7aa354d1b0d55.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to CC so definitely correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read on the Antarctica board that third party recommendations for a travel agent etc were allowed but had to be in response to a specific request for information. Wouldn't this entire thread constitute that?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=475&a=64

Reviews/Recommendations of Tour Operators/Guides

Legitimate third-party recommendations/reviews for tour operators/guides/businesses *must* be posted in response to a request for the information. All others will be removed from the boards. Additionally, repeatedly posting the same “review” over and over in response to many threads is considered “spamming” and will be removed from the boards.

Just thought it might make life a little easier for those disseminating the info. We too have used US travel agents and Princess didn't have a problem with it. In fact some of our documents were posted out to us here in Aust, from Princess.

I am new to CC so definitely correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read on the Antarctica board that third party recommendations for a travel agent etc were allowed but had to be in response to a specific request for information. Wouldn't this entire thread constitute that?

Legitimate third-party recommendations/reviews for tour operators/guides/businesses *must* be posted in response to a request for the information. All others will be removed from the boards. Additionally, repeatedly posting the same “review” over and over in response to many threads is considered “spamming” and will be removed from the boards.

Just thought it might make life a little easier for those disseminating the info. We too have used US travel agents and Princess didn't have a problem with it. In fact some of our documents were posted out to us here in Aust, from Princess.

I dont think a tour operatr and a travel agent are the same thing? are thye. I read this and considered it to relate to "tour operators" people who operate tours not travel agents who sell cruises?:confused:

Your reference is accurate for tour operators (ie the things you do on land while cruising).

It is OK for someone to ask what the best tour in a port is and anyone here to refer them to their preferred operator - "We used Bob's tours. They are really good"

It is not OK for Bob's tours to post here "Book our tours - we are the best"

Different rules exist for T\A's. They are a bit like Voldemort!! If you look through the same page as the tour operator policy, it is listed there too.

CC does not allow the mention of any specific T\A's or links, even 3rd party recommendations. CC does allow general discussions on types of T\A's and methods of booking - ie, Main street vs Online, Local vs US, T\A vs cruise line direct.

Not sure what the big mystery is folks.

There is always a sponsored link on the cc page. Up to 75 % off, that sort of thing. Thats a good place to start. The other way to find a good deal is by looking for a comparison tool. You can do this by searching for cruise purchase related things on google.

Some of the agents have toll free numbers to call from Australia, others you have to call their USA number.

I have had absolutely no problem in getting quotes for all types of cruises with all the lines through the USA agents.

As long as you know what you want in terms of which cruise, finding the best priced agent with the most incenitves. There are even companies that if you tell them which cruise they want, they forward your info on to all the wholesalers, who then send you their best quote back. That is my favourite as I dont then have to do all the work. Dont want to name them, but it is all about "cruise compete" - ing.

At the end of the day, I think a lot of Aussies are cautious about buying things from the USA through the internet. As a previous poster said, the cruise companies are the ones that charge your credit card, not the agencies. They dont get their commision until after you have cruised.

Until agencies in Australia offer prices as competitively as in the USA, why should they make a motza in commission. It is your money after all.

Happy cruising,

brucory:D :D :D

Until agencies in Australia offer prices as competitively as in the USA, why should they make a motza in commission. It is your money after all.

Happy cruising,

brucory:D :D :D

It is not all about the agents. Checkout the price of cruises via the US Princess site vs the Australian one (even for Australian cruises). The price difference is heavily affected by the wholesale price difference between the countries.

But, yes I agree - why spend money you do not have to.

Those banner ads are blocked by most decent internet security software. I only get to see the one you refer to on my work PC. You can also click on the deals link in the yellow banner at the top of the page.

Archived