Black Falcon Terminal- Best Airport to Arrive at ???

Jimbo

I know Logan Airport in Boston is the Best,

What about Providence or Manchester???

If we were to use either of the last 2 Airports please give options and timeline and cost of getting to the port from those Airports.

Thank you

Jimbo:)

Providence has more flight options and is at least an hour away with traffic it could be two hours. Manchester is about the same but with less flight options. If you can walk on water Logan is about 100 yards from Black Falcon, for the rest of us the drive is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile.

If you decide to fly into Manchester/Boston Regional, there is a free shuttle for passengers with airline tickets that goes into Sullivan Square Somerville (it stops at the subway station, so you can take the subway right into Boston) and it is located right outside Boston. I believe there are taxis there and you can take a taxi probably for about $20-$30 to the Black Falcon terminal. However, your best bet is to fly into Logan - it's just across the harbor and you can take a water taxi or cab for a lot less hassle.

http://www.flymanchester.com/transportation/shuttle_service.php

If we were to use either of the last 2 Airports please give options and timeline and cost of getting to the port from those Airports.

Use Logan Airport, or if you're coming from NJ, consider taking Amtrak to South Station. The Sliver Line SL2 bus goes to Black Falcon from South Station for $2. The Silver Line is a subway line operated by buses, and is in the subway station at South Station.

The shuttle service from Manchester Airport to Sullivan Square runs once every 2 hours, and takes an hour and 15min assuming no traffic problems. $20-30 is a reasonable guess for a cab fare from Sullivan Square to the Black Falcon terminal, or you could take the subway (MBTA): Orange Line to Red Line to Silver Line SL2 (bus) for $2.

The train station at the Providence Airport has not been built yet. Peter Pan (www.peterpanbus.com) runs buses every 2-3 hours to South Station from there. One way fare is $20 and the trip takes 1.5 hours. The nearest train station is downtown Providence - Amtrak and MBTA Commuter Rail trains run from there to South Station (check schedules).

Check the schedules in advance!! Your best bet is Logan Airport or Amtrak to South Station.

--David

Thank you

Jimbo:)

Ah a Southwest passenger. I think it is safe to say that for either terminal, depending upon traffic, the drive to Providence or Manchester airports would be about an hour and 15 minutes, give or take...

Taxis in Boston are incredibly expensive so I think the best way would be to rent a car and leave it off at a rental location near the port and take a taxi the rest of the way. I am not familiar wiith bus transportation from those airports to downtown Boston but I would be surprised if some bus alternative did not exist.

Archived