Glory??

zeke11

I'm close to booking a Carnival Glory cruise and looking for any one who has been on this ship to provide some insight!

How are the pools -- does the Glory have the spiral slide? And what about activities for ages 18, 17, 13 and 9 year olds?

Is this an older ship? How are the restaurants?

Any input would be great!

Kris

The Glory is a great ship, one of the newer ones -- just a little over a year old. The pools are typical cruiseship pools, not real big but big enough to get in and get wet. I really like the tiered decks around the pools on the Glory. We could sit up on one of the higher, smaller decks near the slide, but still see all the action down by the main pool. There are two pools in that area and also an aft pool. All Carnival ships have a slide, and the Glory is no exception. The slide ends in a long "trough" area next to the pool instead of dumping you into the pool.

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/155417214/155431318WwZiiQ]Glory slide/pool[/URL]

Our kids loved the ship. Besides the slide, there's basketball, volleyball, ping pong, an arcade, and various activities for kids and younger teens through Camp Carnival. The teens with us enjoyed going to karoake several times during our cruise.

We didn't eat at the specialty restaurant, but enjoyed all the others -- the dining room, the Red Sail, the deli, the pizzeria, the grille, etc. The Glory had a great variety of food at the different restaurants.

The Glory is one of our favorite ships, so much so that we are thinking about booking it again for our next cruise.

The Glorious Glory. WE sailed on her this past May and had a glorious time.LOL
It has a three story slide that is great. It has it's own catch pool so the bathers in the large pool are not bothered by those using the slide. The pool in the aft part of the ship has a rolling roof that closes if it should rain on your afternoon at the pool. It is also close to the pizza bar, the bar bar and the ice cream bar. Who could ask for anything more? Have a great cruise you will love the Glory.
Happy cruising.

We went on her the one week in August that did not have any storms, the week of the 21st. We really had a great time. Our friends kids, ages 10 and 7 loved the camp. Just us adults went to the Emerald Room, worth the extra $25. The only downfall is the design of having the Golden dinning room in the Mid-ships. You have to get use to going above or below to different decks to go from one end of the ship to the other. It was no big deal.

I was on the Glory two weeks ago. I love it. The first ship I was on was smaller (I think, LOL) I loved this one and you'fll love the Crew. I forgot to see when you are going, I hope you are goin soon as John Heald will be leaving soon (CD) I'll get some pics as soon as I find somewhere to upload them....

Archived