Three Adults In A Mini Suite

valbob55

We have stayed in a mini suite twice and I would have no problem with our adult daughter staying with us. Keep in mind, there is no way to have any privacy between the main bed and sofa bed or pull down if that is important.

Good luck as it's going to be cozy. I'm fighting the same issue with a family get together with son's, g-kids, DIL's etc. I think I'm going to spring for a few extra inside/outside cabins so they can be a bit more comfor table in three or four in a cabin. The only thing I know for sure is that we'll have our own cabin (even though I can see a grandson or daughter spending a night or two anyway.....):)

My good friend and I usually opt for a mini-suite. We've been friends for 16 years, but we're not the kind of friends that can both be in the bathroom at the same time (for instance), or get dressed in the same room.

I would think it would be a bit easier for family or very, very close friends, but yeah, there isn't any privacy between the sofa bed and other sleeping area.

You'd also have to get dressed in the bathroom or closet area (as my friend and I do) if you aren't THAT close.

Leaving on CB on 4/26. I am taking my parents with me, we have a mini suite. The only bad thing I've heard so far is that the sofabed is deadly. I'm planning on asking for 2 egg crates and taking lots of aspirin.

MadamG2U

Good thing I have a strong back then!! Thanks for the heads up about the sofa bed...I am paying for the trip and the parents get the bed sheesh! :D

I cannot afford a single cabin for myself...I traveled in an oceanview cabin with my friend and her 11 year old daughter in Europe 2 years ago and that was tight!!! This is going to seem like a palace. I am aware that there is not much privacy, but it is my parents....we can take turns getting ready for dinner...we have anytime dining.

We did the Med last year with 3 in a mini-suite on the Emerald (DH and my dad). It worked out fine. Plenty of room...and having the larger bathroom was a nice treat. Plenty of cabinet and hanging space for the 3 of us - I just threw extra wire (throwaway) hangars in my bag and we were fine....

As others have mentioned, there's not a ton of privacy, but you can go into the closet area or out on the large balcony while others are changing if necessary. The only time the room is "tight" is when the sofabed is out - but that's only for sleeping! Otherwise, there's plenty of room, and a couch to relax on.

Have fun!

We're going to be doing 3 in a mini-suite in two weeks (my partner and I with my Mother).

Question...does the steward take the sofa bed out at night and have it made up and put it back in the morning or is that something that we will need to do?

Thanks!!

We're going to be doing 3 in a mini-suite in two weeks (my partner and I with my Mother).

Question...does the steward take the sofa bed out at night and have it made up and put it back in the morning or is that something that we will need to do?

Thanks!!

The room steward will take care of everything. He will make up the sofa bed in the evening, and he will put it back in the morning while you are at breakfast.

Thanks for the quick reply.

One more...when the sofa bed is out, is there enough room to get around it and go out onto the balcony? We always like to go out there last thing at night and first thing in the morning and the sofa bed will still be out at these times.

Thanks!!

Our Mediterranean cruise on the Grand Princess was in a mini-suite with our daughter who just graduated from college. She found the sofa bed to be pleasantly comfortable, and found that falling asleep on the couch was equally comfortable - it was long enough for her to stretch out, and if I recall that was also the orientation of the bed when made - lengthwise, avoiding any hardware bars.

With two women in the cabin there were times that I was exiled to the balcony or more often to the closet area - which was where I changed. The mini-suite was quite roomy and we didn't find it crowded at all. Only once during the 12 day cruise was I banned from the cabin ;) while one changed and the other bathed.

Our daughter said she would do it again, if invited... :D

And yes, there was room to go around the bed when open - but not a lot...

Archived