Independent tour

BarbaB

Has anyone here used the Mendenhall Glacier Transport to get to the glacier? If so, is the depature point close to the cruise port. We would like to go park, but the cruise sponsored tour, with the whale watchng just isn't going to cut it. If anyone could help me with this, then I could try and make some decisions

Thanks

Barb

Has anyone here used the Mendenhall Glacier Transport to get to the glacier? If so, is the depature point close to the cruise port. We would like to go park, but the cruise sponsored tour, with the whale watchng just isn't going to cut it. If anyone could help me with this, then I could try and make some decisions

Thanks

Barb

Visit the Alaska Ports of Call boards. You'll get lots of specific Alaska info.

I dd a quick search for Mendenhall. This is one of many responses:

you don't have to take a expensive tours...each port has many things to do on your own.

juneau...you can take a shuttle to mendenhall glacer. the shuttle are right at the dock area. also, mt roberts tram is there..very easy to do and still get off the ship and see views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

In 2006 we took the Blue Bus out to Mendenhall Glacier -- stops at all the ships. It was $6 per person each way. Also had to pay $3 per person to enter the visitors center.

Really great -- not rushed and could spend as much time as we wanted to at the glacier and walk many of the trails.

Archived