Alcohol "To bring aboard or not"

pepsicruiser

I appologize in advance...I haven't been on Carnival in quite a while and am curious as to the policy of bringing aboard alcohol either on embarcation or from the ports. Also if the answer is no can you buy a bottle in a shop on the ship for consumption on ship or can you order a set up for your room? Thank you for your patience as I'm sure it is a question that is asked often.

I appologize in advance...I haven't been on Carnival in quite a while and am curious as to the policy of bringing aboard alcohol either on embarcation or from the ports. Also if the answer is no can you buy a bottle in a shop on the ship for consumption on ship or can you order a set up for your room? Thank you for your patience as I'm sure it is a question that is asked often.

Each adult passenger can carry on 1 bottle of wine or champagne, anything else in your checked luggage is considered 'smuggling'. Any alcohol you buy on the ship will be held for you until the last night. But you can pre-order from Carnival's Bon Voyage department and it will be waiting for you in your cabin. But you must call them (you can't do it online) at least a week before your cruise.

We bring ours on in 2 liter soda bottles in big ziplocks in the checked luggage. We've never had a problem. You're allowed to bring on soft drinks, etc, so you don't have to order set-ups. When buying alcohol in the ports, some people get away with bringing back on, but many don't (we weren't successful). They xray your backpacks and then keep it until the last nite of the cruise. However I have heard of some people buying it in port and then transferring it into water bottles and such to get it back on the ship.

And before I get slammed, we purchase alot of drinks on the ship...just nice to have a cocktail or 2 in the room!:)

The only reason we would consider bringing any alcohol onto the ship is to have a drink in our room while we dress for dinner.

One time my DH had a pint bottle of pineapple rum he bought in St. Thomas in the pocket of his shorts and just walked on the ship with it. I always wear shorts or capris with pockets if I plan to do this.:cool:

As the previous poster stated....we too "smuggle" alcohol on board (lol). I bring 1.75 liter bottles and bury them in my clothes...never a problem of getting through in 17 cruises!! Purpose is to have several drinks while we are relaxing and dressing for dinner. Carnival always gets a 4 figure donation from me on my S&S card which includes numerous beverages.... No guilty feeling on my part!

Lots of people "smuggle".

Yes, and I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, we just choose not to do it. I'm a much more social drinker and half the fun is sitting at a bar or in a lounge talking to or watching people, not just sitting in my cabin drinking.

Yes, and I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, we just choose not to do it. I'm a much more social drinker and half the fun is sitting at a bar or in a lounge talking to or watching people, not just sitting in my cabin drinking.

If you bring your own, you don't have to stay in your cabin to drink it.

If you bring your own, you don't have to stay in your cabin to drink it.

True, depends on where you 'sit'. It would be pretty rude to sit at a bar on a stool with my own alcohol in hand. Sitting on a deck somewhere would be OK, but I kind of like someone to come and serve me instead of hiking to the cabin just to make a drink. Good thing we're all different or life would be pretty boring!

Archived