Cigarettes

xxangelxx

Hello all, Just want to ask a quick question of smokers who cruise. I roll my own cigarettes, Its far cheaper, anyway what would be a good way to take these along on my trip being rolled and all. I do have some of those holders but they only hold 18 of them and i dont want to bring alot of them. Will i be able to bring these type at all. I mean could they mistake them for marijuana cigs? Do they sell cigarettes on board, bet they are expensive. Any ideas will help. And please lets not make this an issue of smoking or how bad it is. Just want some advice. I already know its bad for me, and all of that. Thank you all .

Ex-smoker, but i was amazed how CHEAP cigarettes were on-board. Guess its the duty free part of it but it was around 20 dollars for a carton. So if you dont mind name brand smokes might just buy a carton while on-board. One less thing to pack.

I just bought a carton of Marlboro here in San Antonio for $39.00. I can't imagine seeing a carton for $18.00. In texas they have so many taxes on tobacco it is crazy. Why I started smoking again is even crazier.

I just bought a carton of Marlboro here in San Antonio for $39.00. I can't imagine seeing a carton for $18.00. In texas they have so many taxes on tobacco it is crazy. Why I started smoking again is even crazier.

Don't feel bad. Here in RI a carton is close to $60.

But if you do buy them onboard, buy them fast. Some brands will sell out within a few days. Also they carry a very limited selection of brands.

And bring your own light. At least on RCI, they do not sell lighters or give away matches anywhere on the ship.

About $30 a carton here in NC. The wife has been cigarette smoke free now for 2 months. The only problem is, she likes my cigars now...........

The cigarettes on board are an excellent value. Most of the time, they have 2 carton specials.

Can anyone confirm for the OP that Carnival will let you take the cigarettes that you buy on board back to your cabin? Princess wouldn't allow this, they were using the same policy as they do for booze.

funny that both lines are owned by the same corporation==but on Carnival you are allowed to take your cigerettes back to the cabin when you buy them.

Princess holds them til he last night.

You can buy cartons in some ports for as low as 9 bucks-- but be careful as these are class B smokes---not the class As that we can get at home. They burn faster and taste lighter so you really are not saving money- just smoking more.

Also cigerettes on board-- they only sell a limited brand-- Marlboro products-- Not menthols. Newports, not all. Salem regs--no 100's no lights. so take your own til you see what they carry.

And yes, they do sell out quickly so buy early.

But if you do buy them onboard, buy them fast. Some brands will sell out within a few days. Also they carry a very limited selection of brands.

And bring your own light. At least on RCI, they do not sell lighters or give away matches anywhere on the ship.

Carnival does sell lighters

That's cheap! Here in MD they go for about $55/carton now. Keep sayin I'm goin to Delaware to buy mine...

Maybe when they started making you take your shoes off? If you don't have a shoe bomb, not having a lighter to start it won't matter? j/k - no idea when it changed!

We can again fly with lighters so this should not be a problem :p

Lighters on the Plane? Havent heard of that one, when did this start?

Lighters on the Plane? Havent heard of that one, when did this start?

we flew last February and lighters were allowed- only one.

for now- cant take liquids or gels.

rules are always changing so before you fly-- check your airlines webpage to see what is allowed and what isnt

Cartons just went up from $60 to now $75 in NY. I quit for about 10 months last year and then started again. It's extremely difficult. I figure I'll buy a few cartons on this next cruise then make another effort at quitting when the cartons from St.Thomas are all finished.

HI JOHN!

Cartons just went up from $60 to now $75 in NY. I quit for about 10 months last year and then started again. It's extremely difficult. I figure I'll buy a few cartons on this next cruise then make another effort at quitting when the cartons from St.Thomas are all finished.

HI JOHN!

HI JAN & CHRIS.............Phyllis stopped smoking two months ago. Now she raids my humidor on occasion...........

Archived