Sanfran airport to cruise

averageblokes

Has probably been asked 1000's times but how long how much and best way from San Fran Airport to Dock for two lost Aussies

thanks

Hi there, I haven't been to your fine city - but I love your country!

Obviously - there is the option for a taxi. About $40-$45 for the car - allow 45 minutes.

Car service - Execucar, etc. Wow, sometimes you just want to feel civilized and don't mind paying a little more for it. A town car, clean ahhhhh. $60 per car + tip can arrange via the internet. Nice luggage assistance.

Then there are shared van services (supershuttle, etc.) you share a van with up to 3 parties - 3 other stops, not necessarily right next to yours if you catch my drift. $17 per person. Plan 15 or so minutes longer commute. I really don't recommend - have had some bad experiences and it wasn't worth a few bucks savings and the extra time. I say skip this.

Then we've got public transit options, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) goes right from SFO. Great, fast, and no worries with traffic - but, it doesn't take you to the pier. You are going to have to transfer to a cab or less luggage-friendly public transit trains. $5.35 per person - 32 min ride (trains depart every 10-15 min) from SFO to Embarcadero. There is a Hyatt hotel right there - guessing maybe $7 taxi ride - just over 1 mile - all flat, so if you have rolling luggage, skip the taxi and walk while enjoying the view along the Bay to your ship.

Enjoy your stay - it would be sad for you to arrive here and not experience a little of the city. I hope your schedule will allow a little time to play

More info is here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=727313

Hi there, I haven't been to your fine city - but I love your country!

Obviously - there is the option for a taxi. About $40-$45 for the car - allow 45 minutes.

Car service - Execucar, etc. Wow, sometimes you just want to feel civilized and don't mind paying a little more for it. A town car, clean ahhhhh. $60 per car + tip can arrange via the internet. Nice luggage assistance.

Then there are shared van services (supershuttle, etc.) you share a van with up to 3 parties - 3 other stops, not necessarily right next to yours if you catch my drift. $17 per person. Plan 15 or so minutes longer commute. I really don't recommend - have had some bad experiences and it wasn't worth a few bucks savings and the extra time. I say skip this.

Then we've got public transit options, BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) goes right from SFO. Great, fast, and no worries with traffic - but, it doesn't take you to the pier. You are going to have to transfer to a cab or less luggage-friendly public transit trains. $5.35 per person - 32 min ride (trains depart every 10-15 min) from SFO to Embarcadero. There is a Hyatt hotel right there - guessing maybe $7 taxi ride - just over 1 mile - all flat, so if you have rolling luggage, skip the taxi and walk while enjoying the view along the Bay to your ship.

Enjoy your stay - it would be sad for you to arrive here and not experience a little of the city. I hope your schedule will allow a little time to play

More info is here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=727313

G'day

Unfort no time to play in your great city this time

Appreciate all the advice very much

cheers

Well then, if you can't play - at least hire the car and have them take you on a 15 min longer scenic route and drive down Lombard (crooked street). Maybe along the Great Highway along the Ocean . . . get a little Presidio, see the Palace of Fine Arts . . . and then to the Pier.

p.s. sailing under the Golden Gate is one of the best things ever. Grab your champagne and go up to the top deck and enjoy.

p.p.s. The Pacific is a little rough out of San Fran so if you are prone to seasickness, take precautions.

Well then, if you can't play - at least hire the car and have them take you on a 15 min longer scenic route and drive down Lombard (crooked street). Maybe along the Great Highway along the Ocean . . . get a little Presidio, see the Palace of Fine Arts . . . and then to the Pier.

p.s. sailing under the Golden Gate is one of the best things ever. Grab your champagne and go up to the top deck and enjoy.

p.p.s. The Pacific is a little rough out of San Fran so if you are prone to seasickness, take precautions.

Have done most of what you have said as we have played in SF before love the city and always said we would love to do a cruise from there so when we saw this one to Alaska we just had to do it. We spent 10 of the most amazing days in SF a few Decembers back. Met some really great people and had a WOW of a time

cheers

I will be sailing out of SF this fall and will take the Supershuttle from the airport to the pier. My plane lands at 10:00 AM and boarding begins at noon so I will have some extra time. I have never had a problem with Supershuttle. I would not recommend Bart; too much of a trek with bags.

For a few more dollars take a taxi. Loading and unloading people getting off and on the shuttles is not worth the savings. Have a great cruise - too bad you will miss the great restaurants in the city.

Archived