Fuel Surcharge Credit Received!

IowaCruisers

Hi all,

I just opened my Visa bill (Ouch!! :eek: ), and I see that Celebrity Cruises credited my account $140.00 on April 9th. This is, I assume, our fuel surcharge refund from our 3/1 Panama Canal Quest cruise. We've received no other correspondence from Celebrity or Azamara about this.

We paid our deposit by the November cutoff date, but not our final payment, so the $5 per day fuel surcharge was added to our final payment in December, which we paid with this particular Visa card.

This is great!

Brenda

I got the $140 credit to my Am Ex card from RCCI on April 7. But Celebrity put a $140 charge to my account on April 9. I have disputed this new charge with Am Ex. They appear to be trying to take the credit back or the accounting office is messed up and doesn't know what they are doing. So check your credit card statement carefully for an added unauthorized charge.

Hi Susie,

You're RIGHT!! They credited my Visa, which was the last transaction in my billing period. After I read your post, I went online and checked my current transactions on this credit card, and LO AND BEHOLD.... There's a charge to this account on April 10th for $140.00 from Celebrity Cruises!!

:mad: This really burns me up!! I'll call and dispute the charge like you did. Thanks for posting the heads up!

Brenda

Hi Brenda and Susie

Well, I just spent an hour on the phone with Celebrity:( . After I talked to three people, and after I told them that my TA did not have to "take care of this" for me because Celebrity can't talk to me, I finally found a person who put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back and apologized and said the charge was a "mistake".

If I don't get a credit soon I will then turn this over to my credit card company.

Lucy

Makes you wonder if they made this "mistake" on all of the refunds and are just hoping most people won't notice and they get all the extra revenue. I will not be wasting my time on hold with Celebrity-Am Ex can do that for me. These kind of corporate screw ups really burn me up!

I found an interesting set of cruises on AZ on 2 back to back cruises in the Med next April 25 and May 2. It's so much less than Oceania for an almost identical cruise. I may reserve it now and hope the exchange rate with thee euro gets better over the next 12 months.

No, each is 7 days. But there is no repeating of ports and there are 13 places counting beginning in Rome and ending in Athens. Makes for a nice 14 day cruise. And none of the countries requires a visa.

Susie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Had the same problem with the refund but Carl was able to "convince" Celebrity to handle it. Should have the refund show up again within the next 7 days so will check the charge card charges on line for the next week or so at least.

Joyce

I just called Am Ex-they are handling it for me. I also booked our next AZ cruise the day before the fuel surcharge goes up. I booked April 25 and May 5 2009 on the Journey. Got the last cat 12 cabin. Christy and Alan are thinking about coming for one of the weeks.

Susie

Hi -

Lucy, since you got some results by calling Celebrity, I called, punched 1 for Azamara, and spoke with Jennifer in Customer Service. After I explained what had happened, and gave her my booking number, she said hmmmm...... that's strange.... Then she said.... "You got an onboard credit for your fuel surcharge, that's why we had to re-debit it".

After I emphatically denied that, she said..... "oh - you booked through a travel agent. I absolutely cannot talk to YOU about this, only your TA". Even after a short one-sided conversation about why they can debit and credit my personal Visa account without my TA, she stuck firm.

So, I called my TA, who called Azamara and spoke with someone else. They saw the problem, told her that this had happened with a "few" passengers, and said they would re-credit my account within 3-5 working days. She made them promise they wouldn't do this again.

Lo and behold.... my re-credit credit credit showed up Friday! So, finally, I'm square.... for now.

Susie, sounds like a great trip - have fun!

B

Just booked for next year for May, will be joining Susie and Bob. I may have gotten the last cat 11 cabin. Looking forward the being pampered again. At least now they put the fuel charges up front. Glad you all were able to get yours returned (eventually)

Archived