Diamond Princess Mexican Riviera Review--9/25 Sailing

DivotMaker

Hi DivotMaker,

Thanks for the great review - very much enjoyed it - just wondering if you could tell me the nights of the children's dinners and where they have them - will be sailing 11/27 with our 4 and soon to be 7 yr old - pushing our luck but would you happen to have the childrens program/patters??? would be enormously greatful if you did.

Thanks

Jane

Children can attend the shows but may not sit in the first 3 rows in the Princess theater. I would think twice about attending any of the second (late) comedian shows as they were a little risque for children.

Hi...I sure do have the children's programs, but I left them at work! I'll scan them and send them over to you. I can either e-mail them to you or post them as a link on my website. Just let me know what you prefer.

Hi DivotMaker,

Thanks for the great review - very much enjoyed it - just wondering if you could tell me the nights of the children's dinners and where they have them - will be sailing 11/27 with our 4 and soon to be 7 yr old - pushing our luck but would you happen to have the childrens program/patters??? would be enormously greatful if you did.

Thanks

Jane

Great review. So was Bernies. Kind of a ying and yang. Both on the same cruise, same deck even – with some different perspectives. One note: Thanks for mentioning the traditional dining situation as it pertains to being cancelled if you wish to try alternative dining. Do you recall how the Alt dining menues were rotated. We are in traditional seating but dread continental (formerly French and Chefs nights) We were going to make reservations for the alt dining on those two nights but don't want to have our traditional seating cancelled for the remainder of the cruise. Any info is cool.

Please send Friday and Saturdays patters to figmentelvis@yahoo.com as bernie did a great job getting the rest of the week out to us. Thanks again.

Sailing Nov 13.

[quote name=Disembarkation:

We were scheduled to disembark at 9:45' date=' but didn't actually get called until 11:15. We waited in the line for customs for another hour, and then caught our shuttle and were back at the hotel at 12:30. Not the smoothest disembarkation, but hey, we did get on the ship an hour early :-)

[/quote]

Hi,

do you recall whether they have "express disembarkation" on your cruise ?

We have to pick up a car at LAX and drive to SFO and our rental is scheduled to pick up at 10:45 - I figure we can do express disembarkation and get off as early as 8:30.

May be I have to plead with purser desk to get an early tag ?

How do you tell the desk when you need to disembark if you are not flying ?

TIA

A quote from Bernie's post from the same cruise (sorry I don't know how to make the cool quotes):

THIS JUST IN-------

LA Immigration is no longer allowing passengers to carry off their own luggage. I spent quite a bit of time at the purser's desk this am. We are flying USAirways home and do not have paper tickets. The purser was very nice about taking the flight info and signing us up for early departure tags. I said that we really didn't need them as we were going to be walking off. They said that this is only the second cruise where we are NOT ALLOWED TO WALK OFF WITH LUGGAGE. This puts us in a horrible situation as we have no carry on bag. We were not planning on leaving out our luggage so have nothing to do with our clothes that we wear on Friday nigth and all of our toiletries. All we carry on the plane is a large purse with camera, meds, glasses and a book. I asked the purser for a suggestion since this info was not made available and he said to buy a carryon bag They said they just found out on the coastal repo that walk-off were no longer allowed. Looks like we will be using a beach bag to walk off the ship and then stuffing it into our luggage curbside.

Can you please email me the patters at moonlight77@sbcglobal.net?

We are on the same cruise on November 20-27. I wonder if they will be doing anything special for Thanksgiving.

I'm glad you had such a great time, this is our second cruise with Princess. Our first was in May sailing the Med with the Star Princess.

Divotmaker -

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. I saw you guys walking past after clearing customs. I tried to catch up with you, but lost you guys once you exited the building. Must have been one long drive home!! It was nice meeting you at Randi's.

BCS819-

It was nice meeting you guys too. I'll be posting my review soon. Sad to say I didn't have much fun on this cruise.

There is no such thing as express disembarkation. However, for those

with early flights, 11:30 or before, you will get the red tags which will allow

you to disembark first. If you're simply renting a car and not flying, then I'm

pretty sure this will not be an option for you. The pursers office will make

you produce your flight information as proof that you have an early flight,

and if you're not flying, then more than likely you won't get the red tags.

I suppose you could produce your rental car contract and ask them if they'll

let you off early, but I don't know if they'll go for that.

For red tags, I went to the Purser's desk and told them that USAIrways doesn' t issue paper tix anymore. They asked for the flight info and gave them to me. Of course, when they handed out the tags I didn't get the right color, but when I went back down they gave them to me. They didn't see anythign that said what my flight time was...

Just as a by-the-way. In the past when I wasn't satified with the timeframe of my debark tickets, I just went down to the Purser's desk and asked for a specific color. They've always been accomodating and I don't recall having to show any evidence as to WHY I needed the specific color. Maybe that has changed? For us, we prefer to be last off - so it's no big deal....

Shar

[quote name='bcs819']For red tags, I went to the Purser's desk and told them that USAIrways doesn' t issue paper tix anymore. They asked for the flight info and gave them to me. Of course, when they handed out the tags I didn't get the right color, but when I went back down they gave them to me. They didn't see anythign that said what my flight time was...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. no airline has paper tickets these days. I can just give them a legitimate flight time / number of any airline leaving LAX that should do. I think I would go that route to get the red tag. Matter of factly, in past 3 years we have not had any paper tickets when we fly, even internationally, all e-tickets. And dont have proof with me when check-in, come to think about it. All we produced were Picture IDs and told check-in agent our destination and time.

I try to change my rental car pick up time but it would cost another 30 bucks now as the rate went up and any modification will trigger the new rate.

Divotmaker, I'd sure appreciate the Friday and Saturday patters, as well as the kids' program patters. Thank you for your review! Please email me at [email]phylliskupferstein@quinnemanuel.com[/email] .

I noticed from the patters that there is only one musical show on the Diamond now ~ Piano Man. What happened to Curtain Up that was so good?

I don't remember reading if you saw the commedian Jim mcDonald ~ was he good?

Did they serve crab legs on this cruise? Thought I read somewhere that they did not. Was lobster served on the last formal night?

Archived