Diamond Princess Mexican Riviera Review--9/25 Sailing

DivotMaker

Hornet -
That was one of the negatives on this cruise. There was only one musical - Piano Man, which was outstanding. Jim McDonald was ok. We missed the first show on embarkation day.

No crab legs - at least I didn't see any. My dad would have ordered it if they did. We did have lobster on Thursday - 2nd formal night.

I went on the backstage tour for the theater, and the crew told us that they are in a transition period right now, and that they are currently training for another production show, which limited them to only one major show on our cruise. They said to come back in 3 weeks and we'd see two shows :-)

Jim McDonald was great. He does a slide show at the each of his routines that is hilarious.

As for the crab legs/lobster, I honestly don't remember as I try and steer clear of that food! But, I do know they had lobster at least one night, and I seem to remember our companions eating something that resembled a leg!

[quote name='Hornet']I noticed from the patters that there is only one musical show on the Diamond now ~ Piano Man. What happened to Curtain Up that was so good?

I don't remember reading if you saw the commedian Jim mcDonald ~ was he good?

Did they serve crab legs on this cruise? Thought I read somewhere that they did not. Was lobster served on the last formal night?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DivotMaker']I went on the backstage tour for the theater, and the crew told us that they are in a transition period right now, and that they are currently training for another production show, which limited them to only one major show on our cruise. They said to come back in 3 weeks and we'd see two shows :-)

Jim McDonald was great. He does a slide show at the each of his routines that is hilarious.

As for the crab legs/lobster, I honestly don't remember as I try and steer clear of that food! But, I do know they had lobster at least one night, and I seem to remember our companions eating something that resembled a leg![/QUOTE]
Divotmaker - this is VERY exciting news as we will be on the Diamond in a month. Wow!

Archived