Men's shoes - "smart casual"

andy and amanda

Hello!

In the midst of packing for the CB departing on Sunday (although we fly to FLL tomorrow) and DH wants to know if sandals will work with his long pants and nice-ish shirt for the "smart casual" nights in the dining room, or, should he pack and wear more formal, "dressy" shoes?

TIA -

Amanda and Andy from Atlanta

That is exactly what my DH wears. Sandals during the day, slip ons in the evening. But he does have some great dress sandals that are simi enclosed and do not leave his bare toes sticking out that would also work.

I always wear sandals, Propet; I have a black pair for my black or Navy blue slacks and a brown pair for my brown slacks - plus the appropriately colored socks, of course.

At the risk of sounding too fussy, I think sandals should not be worn in the dining rooms at night, no matter how nice or semi-enclosed they are. Loafers/slip-ons are fine; sneakers and sandals--not so much.

You would be surprised how many men wore sandals and tennies on non formal nights on the Diamond Princsess. My husband just always wore his western boots (very nice ones) for all occasions. He doesn't even own a pair of regular shoes, he has always worn western boots or tennies. After 48 yrs, I am not about to change him now, lol

On our upcoming b2b2b cruise I plan on wearing my tennies a few times on Casual and perhaps once on formal night. I figure they will go great with my tux..

shoes.jpg

Hey Larry, Pat says he wants a pair just like that.:D So we will have to check those out on our upcoming B2B2B.:rolleyes:

Marilyn

Larry -

1. Where did you get them? Wes needs some!

2. Please wear them to the sailaway get together - they will be smashing with Brian's bunny slippers - and I will be able to pick you out from the crowd.

Have to meet you wife - another one of the rare Ginger's!

Ginger

Well call me fussy but if I seed someone in the dinning room, with sandels on their feets, it wood jist aboot ruin my hole dinning experence. I would just go to the buffet. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
On some cruises you will be eating in the buffet every night along with people in "sandels".

/

Hello!

In the midst of packing for the CB departing on Sunday (although we fly to FLL tomorrow) and DH wants to know if sandals will work with his long pants and nice-ish shirt for the "smart casual" nights in the dining room, or, should he pack and wear more formal, "dressy" shoes?

TIA -

Flip flops are good, too. You don't need to fuss with wearing socks.

Hello!

TIA -

I wore sandals on the CB to the dining room on Island night. No problem at all. Other nights just a casual pair of "deck shoes" as they call them. Of course formal means the black dress shoes for me.

Archived