Canada Place to Seattle Airpot?

We will be needing to get from the Vancouver pier to the airport in Seattle the same day we debark. Does anyone have any advice as to the best way (an economical) to do this? The one option I have heard is QuickShuttle. Has anybody used this service?

Thank You!

We will be needing to get from the Vancouver pier to the airport in Seattle the same day we debark. Does anyone have any advice as to the best way (an economical) to do this? The one option I have heard is QuickShuttle. Has anybody used this service?

Thank You!

Quick shuttle is the one most used and they pick up at the cruise terminals which makes it very convenient. Your other alternative is Amtrak which only operates a train at 5:45 pm, other then that they just operate buses which means a cab or SkyTrain to the depot.

Here are links to both of them:

http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

www.amtrak.com

Thank You!

If you are flying out of Seattle the same day , you probably will have a problem getting there unless the flight is a red-eye. The shuttle from Vancouver to Seattle can take up to six hrs depending on the day, traffic and if any accidents happen on the I5:)

Check out the Quick Coach schedule - link here:

http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

There is an express that will take you mostly non-stop from Canada Place to Sea Tac - this company has been doing this service for a number of years so I would think that they are able to keep to the schedule fairly well - any time that I have used them or the Amtrak bus service I have always arrived on time or a little early - remember buses can use the carpool/transit lanes which gets you through some of Seattle's traffic fairly quickly - at the border there is a special handling area for US customs.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you all for this helpful information. It looks like the quick shuttle is probably the most convenient. However the Amtrax bus seems to be quite a bit cheaper. ($70 for three of us vs 146.30 with Quick Shuttle) For those who have used Amtrax how much might I expect to pay for cab fare from the pier in Vancouver and then to the airport in Seattle? In your opinion is it worth the hassle.

By the way we are on the "red-eye" flight so the time factor should not be an issue.

Cab. pier to Vancouver Amtrak. 10-15 $

SEA Station to Seatac. ??/but a lot more though.

I know of no one that has used the Amtrak bus service sorry. What time does your "Red eye" Leave. The train is the best way to get to Seattle.

and the Quick Shuttle would sure be less of a hassle.

In Vancouver you can save the cab fare by using SkyTrain for $2.50 (CDN) pp. It will work quite well if you don't have a lot of baggage. You come out of Canada Place turn left and walk about 100 paces east. Take SkyTrain to the Main St. station and cross Main St. to Pacific Central Station. There are elevators to take you to the various levels for SkyTrain and out to the street at Main St. If you have a lot of baggage or are coming in at the Ballantyne terminal you will be better off using a cab.

For the Seattle cab fare I would suggest you start a thread on the West Coast Board, there is a poster there who is very knowledgeable about Seattle.

Archived