Regent vs Oceania

Hi, can anyone tell me the pros and cons for choosing between Oceania and Regent.

I'm taking my 10-yr-old (does not require kids' activies at all and very well-behaved) to Med. Which one should I take?

Regent - Penthouse 10 day from Istanbul to Rome

with about the same $$

Oceania - Owner Suite 12 day from Rome to Venice

I am confused after talking to different people...please give me more information....Tuesday is the day that I have to put down some deposit to secure my reservation. Thank you very much in advance. It will be a great help. Appreciate!!!

Wow, I'm surprised the prices are about the same. I've seen your thread on the O board I believe, asking about taking a child on Oceania?

I've heard the Owner's Suites are awesome on O. But given what I've read about the reception of children, I might go for the PH on Regent. They do treat children well, even when there is no explicit program of activities for them. And in summer there are bound to be at least a handful on board.

Which actual Regent cruise is this? I see a Rome to Istanbul this June, then Istanbul to Rome in October 2009. Both on Navigator. If so, the website lists a children's program for the June cruise.

Navigator is a smaller ship than the Oceania ships. Quite intimate, nice pool.

Actually I think the Owner's Suites (especially aft) are superior on Oceania. It is, alas, a tough call...though keep in mind that your price on Regent includes gratuities and drinks.

That said, if you want your child to possibly find a friend or two, if your cruise is over the summer or holidays, there is a better chance on Regent because it does have a children's program...whether used or not.

I was quoting the price for June 2009, I might have quoted the wrong info for Regent but it is something similar to that. The other reason that I don't want to take Regent because they have increased their fare by 3000 pp. I had booked a cruise from Monte Carlo to Dover this year with them in June (have to cancel it due to my business) Only with a price tag of 9kpp on PH and they offer free business air. Since I have my air arranged, I would only have to pay around 6kpp with the fare credit. This year, they only provide economy class air and after the credit, I still have to pay 9kpp. The 3000pp turns me off since you know you would have get the same thing with a lot less...

What if I put aside the concern for my daughter, how about the service and hospitality between two?

Archived