Tell Me This Doesn't Always Happen on Triumph

flem1064

We did have a nice trip in the Eastern Caribbean, but I wanted to note a couple of annoyances, just coming off our 4/5 cruise on the Triumph.

1. The middle pool was closed for most of the trip. Rather annoying on the sea days, even though there are 3 pools, they are rather small. Let's not even talk about the cold salt water in them...:rolleyes: The rear pool was warmer than I thought it would be.

2. The upper walking/sun decks were frequently closed, and we received many stories from crew members as to why they were closed. This ranged from high winds, to poor surface condition and in need of repair, to "for the safety of our guests".

We've been on the Glory several times, with high winds, and never had the upper walking decks closed. I walked on the Triumph jogging track one day when it was open, and it looked freshly painted. I'm a painter by trade so it was obvious to me. It was slippery as hell, so I'm not sure what was going on. I hope people sailing on the Triumph soon don't encounter these annoyances.

We sailed on the Triumph 2 times last year. On the first cruise the upper decks were open for most of the cruise. When high winds came they'd rope it off but as soon as it was calmer they opened it right back up. On our second cruise high winds were a bigger issue and again they closed the upper decks and opened them as soon as things calmed again. Several employees were wandering in the area keeping an eye on things. A few times they told us we could go up to walk the track but they didn't want any kids up there because of the winds. I had the best workout up there one day right before they closed it off. The winds were so strong we really had to push our way through them. My poor dh wasn't too happy and I think he was expecting to be blown off the deck lol. They closed them right after that. Otherwise everything was open and available with no issues of a slick surface. Ok I had to go back to edit this ....I shouldn't say no slick surfaces because that area on the Lido where the tiles are gets slicker than ice! :)

We did have a nice trip in the Eastern Caribbean, but I wanted to note a couple of annoyances, just coming off our 4/5 cruise on the Triumph.

1. The middle pool was closed for most of the trip. Rather annoying on the sea days, even though there are 3 pools, they are rather small. Let's not even talk about the cold salt water in them...:rolleyes: The rear pool was warmer than I thought it would be.

2. The upper walking/sun decks were frequently closed, and we received many stories from crew members as to why they were closed. This ranged from high winds, to poor surface condition and in need of repair, to "for the safety of our guests".

We've been on the Glory several times, with high winds, and never had the upper walking decks closed. I walked on the Triumph jogging track one day when it was open, and it looked freshly painted. I'm a painter by trade so it was obvious to me. It was slippery as hell, so I'm not sure what was going on. I hope people sailing on the Triumph soon don't encounter these annoyances.

on of the pools was closed for a few days (2 or 3) but they were doing something to it

the upper deck was closed down/blocked off alot due to "high winds"

I guess it is a luck of the draw thing since it doesnt seem to happen all of the time

The pool wasn't closed, but the jogging deck was almost always closed which annoyed my dh. The purser's desk said it was due to high winds, but my dh is a sailor, and he's been on a carrier and a friggate. He thought they were beyond conservative on their definition of high winds. Other ships we've sailed didn't close their upper decks for average winds on sea days. He headed inside to the treadmills. At 11 laps per mi. it wasn't much of a loss if you ask me. The jogging track surface was just terrible, too. CCL could learn from RCI on this.

Just sailed on the Triumph on 4/12/08. The Continent Pool and ajoining hot tubs were closed on the last sea days. Pool temps were 82f according to the daily updates.

As a runner the surface of the track was way to slick, worst of all the ships I have been on. It did look like it was freshly painted, should have added grit to the paint. Over all a great cruise.:)

Archived