Pizza on the Triumph - Yuck

flem1064

What you don't like a boiled ham italian on a huge hot dog bun?:D I grew up in Maine, and could never wrap my head around that one!

I moved to NC, and realized that pizza and sandwiches could only get worse, I moved to a rural town for a while and everyone told me how good this sub shop was, so I went and got a turkey sub, it was the cheapest pressed turkey available (I've worked in delis) yellow american cheese, miracle whip (ack:eek:) lettuce and tomato, on a grocery store roll, and without me asking they warmed it up in the microwave! It was the slimiest sandwich I had ever had!

MAC

Yuk !

I wasn't crazy about the pizza on Elation but it was worse on Miracle.

You're 100% correct on that one, Elation's pizza Sucked !!! The Dough was kinda gummy. Not like the hard crust as it should be.

Freedom and Paradise Pizza was ok.

Fred

Yeah... but does NY know how to make a Artichoke-Chckien pizza... with Kiwi, chestnuts, and feta-cheese...?

That's a real pizza...!

New Yorkers only need Cheese, thats it, nothing else. :D The further you are from Brooklyn the more people start adding crap to their pizza to make it taste any good.:eek:

In San Diego we have Bronx Pizza on Washington street, not too far from the Cruise Terminal. They are the closest to anything out of N.Y. its ok but still not the real thing.

I too hate it when people say "Oh go here its like N.Y." and it sucks even worse. I've given up to those and just wait till I fly home to get something good to eat.

Fred

My friend Larry from Pittsburgh and I went to San Fran during our Navy's Fleet week and across from Fisherman's Wharf was a small deli, we walked in because we were heading to the Steelers/49ers game. We figured we picked up 2 sandwiches on the way there. I ordered my Ham & Cheese with lettuce and tomato's and Larry ordered his sandwich. This guy behind that counter took out a Hot dog bun:eek: I said, umm those are not for us right? He said yes. I said STOP and go get your supervisor.:D A nice older lady came out and asked us what was the problem, and we pointed at the hot dog bun:rolleyes: I said what the heck is that, we are from Pitts and Brooklyn, thats not a sandwich where we come from, we are used to seeing Hero Sandwiches over there. The lady said ok no problem and took out the Longest Italian bread (well French bread on the west coast:rolleyes: ) and cut that sucker in half and made us a nice sandwich, I think I must of chewed on that sandwich for 2 days and used it as a pillow on the 3rd day. I will never forget that one.

Fred

On a side note.. What I find funny is that most people making the pizzas here in Florida are from other states, such as New York and Chicago. :rolleyes:

I am a seafood snob. I think only Florida has the best..imagine my horror when I found out one restaurant out of state didn't have hush puppies! :mad:

Archived