Rhapsody cabins

Has anyone been in the J cabins on deck 8 of Rhapsody.

The size looks great even though they are internal cabins and location looks good surrounded by all the suites - but they appear to be directly below the pool - does this mean we shall hear noises from the deck above. Would we be better booking a lower deck.

Grateful for any information about Rhapsody cabins

Has anyone been in the J cabins on deck 8 of Rhapsody.

The size looks great even though they are internal cabins and location looks good surrounded by all the suites - but they appear to be directly below the pool - does this mean we shall hear noises from the deck above. Would we be better booking a lower deck.

Grateful for any information about Rhapsody cabins

Would be curious to know as well, as we have booked one for January. The price difference was negligable for the extra size and as you mentioned, there will be less traffic around the suites.

Alas the superior insides are only in this location, and we booked knowing there would be a risk of noise from the deck above. We are not taking the cruise for early nights or sleep ins so I hope the noise is absent from midnight to 6am. Fingers crossed.

As you aware these cabins although slightly larger than other inside classes are directly below one of the busiest areas on the ship ......the bar area above was continually packed on our cruise as were the sun lounges on the pool deck area, lots of people and kids walking to and fro...the sunlounges are set up and ready to use around 6.00 - 6.30am after they have cleaned down the deck area.... the live band plays right next to the bar in the afternoon and some evenings and the area directly in front of the bar is where the entertainment staff have their contests etc...........so if you are a light sleeper an afternoon nap may be out.... Deck 8 is also a great shortcut to the Windjammer....we used it twice everyday.....lol.... as well as being where the internet lounge is... all in all ..for some noise may not be a problem but for others it could be quite distressing...... cheers shiona

As you aware these cabins although slightly larger than other inside classes are directly below one of the busiest areas on the ship ......the bar area above was continually packed on our cruise as were the sun lounges on the pool deck area, lots of people and kids walking to and fro...the sunlounges are set up and ready to use around 6.00 - 6.30am after they have cleaned down the deck area.... the live band plays right next to the bar in the afternoon and some evenings and the area directly in front of the bar is where the entertainment staff have their contests etc...........so if you are a light sleeper an afternoon nap may be out.... Deck 8 is also a great shortcut to the Windjammer....we used it twice everyday.....lol.... as well as being where the internet lounge is... all in all ..for some noise may not be a problem but for others it could be quite distressing...... cheers shiona

Thanks Shiona,

8513 was one of the few left when we booked. Glad we chose one further back from the bar, on the starboard side. Fingers crossed, the port corridor will be busier to the Internet lounge. Do you know if they have wireless internet?

Thanks Shiona,

8513 was one of the few left when we booked. Glad we chose one further back from the bar, on the starboard side. Fingers crossed, the port corridor will be busier to the Internet lounge. Do you know if they have wireless internet?

Looks like you have a very good position Geoff.... under the bar.....:D:D:D should be a good buffer....... band was always portside near the small stair way that leads up to the next deck... Yes they do have wireless cant remember how many hotspots Moonlight Bay Lounge was one......cheers shiona

Looks like you have a very good position Geoff.... under the bar.....:D:D:D should be a good buffer....... band was always portside near the small stair way that leads up to the next deck... Yes they do have wireless cant remember how many hotspots Moonlight Bay Lounge was one......cheers shiona

Should mention we didn't pick 8513, but one near the other end of the block - right under the scraping poolside deckchairs. Maybe we will sneak up at 6am each day and put our books and towels on them ones. ;)

If I knew the bar would be overhead, I might have taken 8513 and packed a drill and hose.

Should mention we didn't pick 8513, but one near the other end of the block - right under the scraping poolside deckchairs. Maybe we will sneak up at 6am each day and put our books and towels on them ones. ;)

If I knew the bar would be overhead, I might have taken 8513 and packed a drill and hose.

I should learn to read ....real senior moment #2.... :D:D where your cabin is i think you miss out on the major deckchair scrapping bit....on a longer cruise noise might be more of an issue for some.......i say why not become a chog.....we've met lots of them over the years and they are just as normal as the next person.....just fixated with deckchairs.....:eek:..loved the idea of the drill and hose.....:D cheers shiona

Hi shiona,was wondering what i would need to recharge batteries on board as my rechargers have the aussie power points.I am going on the aus-nz cruise in march 2009.

Regards Frank.

Hi shiona,was wondering what i would need to recharge batteries on board as my rechargers have the aussie power points.I am going on the aus-nz cruise in march 2009.

Regards Frank.

hi frank, can i answer your question as we are cruising on the rhapsody in oct

i bought an AU/NZ/USA/ASIA Adapter from the NRMA mine cost $11.50 being a gold member & non members another $ or so, you maybe able to pick them up at Dick Smith or Tandy

bob

Thanyou bob,I think that I will buy one of those adaptors so as to be sure that I can recharge the camera and other equipment.Have you travelled on the ros before?From the posts I have read on the ros it seems to be a nice ship and the food seems good as well.

Regards Frank.

Thanyou bob,I think that I will buy one of those adaptors so as to be sure that I can recharge the camera and other equipment.Have you travelled on the ros before?From the posts I have read on the ros it seems to be a nice ship and the food seems good as well.

Regards Frank.

hi frank, yes its a lovely ship:) you will enjoy it, the currency is in US $$ but thats not a problem ;)

Check the back of your current chargers or appliances you plan to use. Most modern battery chargers, laptop transformers etc are labelled as 100-240 or 110-240V and just need an adaptor for the pin configuration. If it is labelled as 220-240V, it will not be suitable to use unless you get a step up current transformer. These are available at Dicks, Tandy, Raycar, eBay etc.

Many new appliance chargers are being sold with multiple leads, so that they can distribute the appliance in the same package worldwide.

To all who kindly responded to my query thankyou.I am pleased to know that I can use my european two pin electrical wire to feed my chargers (all of them are 100 to 240 volts)So thanks to all of you and yes, I will be bringing

my 4 outlet power board so as to plug all the chargers in.I would love to know if anybody has menus of the ros as I would love to see them.

regards Frank.

Yes, you will need an adaptor Frank.:) Don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle.;) We've tried, but can't for some reason.:rolleyes:

Only 320 days to go Frank!!:D

Hi aussiecruiser I will try to write my name for meet n mingle BUT I am not efficient on the computer so I will probably get my darling wife to do all the difficult stuff.

Regards Frank.

Hi aussiecruiser I will try to write my name for meet n mingle BUT I am not efficient on the computer so I will probably get my darling wife to do all the difficult stuff.

Regards Frank.

We're the only two signed up for it so far!!:eek: :rolleyes:

We only need another 23 people.:p Royal Caribbean supply us with a venue and some light refreshments.

We only need another 23 people.:p Royal Caribbean supply us with a venue and some light refreshments.

Have managed to get to 17 on ours, so I hope we can get the extra 8 too.

Lol.

Hi aussiedisneycruiser,Dont laugh too loudly because it may affect my computer.I have been known to stuff up my computer on many occasions.I have to confess that I am a self taught user and it is getting easier with time.My wife on the other hand is a computer operator and its like a game to her,she to has a few laughs when I go on the computer.Give me the kitchen anytime and I will always be happy.I started as a cook when I was 13 in Italy and I progressed through to being a chef in this beautiful country,that is why I always ask about the menus on ships.

regards Frank.

Now we are 4.Lets get it going.Anyway I will shout you a drink regardless.

regards Frank.

Archived