? about Horseback riding excursion with our Carnival cruise

mom23gr8kids

We are sailing on Carnival Conquest in June. We are doing the 7 day Western Carribbean with stops in Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, and Cozumel. The one excursion I think that I would love to do for just DH and I is the horseback riding.

I've seen on Carnival's website that this excursion is available at pretty much every port. Can someone give advice on which port would be the best to schedule it at? Best to go through Carnival or private/who? and if possible the approximate length and cost of this excursion.

Thanks so much.

Rhonda

We are sailing on conquest in june as well, we are going horseback riding also, but we are doing the mayan frontier by horseback. What day are you going? we are on the 29th. Oh and the price for the 3 of us is 267.00 that is going through carnival.

countdown.pl?name=our first cruise&date=6-29-2008&image=Beach-9&text=sailing, sailing,over the beautiful sea.&ship=Carnival Conquest

We are sailing on conquest in june as well, we are going horseback riding also, but we are doing the mayan frontier by horseback. What day are you going? we are on the 29th.

I did the Mayan Horseback riding last year, it was a lot of fun!! We walked and trotted through the jungle areas and our guide would stop us every so often to point out ruins, and then we were able to gallop if we wanted to. The horses were very gentle, but still had lots of energy! I hope you have a fabulous time! :D

That sounds like you had a lot of fun. I really love horses. Dh and I would love to have horses, one day when we have the space for them. But alas not now, so vacation is the perfect time to grab some extra time with an equine friend I thought.

I really hope we can book one of these excursions. I think it would totally make my trip.

We sail on 6/08/08! Coming so soon! YAY our first crusie ever. I'm getting so excited.

Thanks.

check out "shore trips . com" they have horseback riding excursions for the locations you are going to. We rode in Grand Cayman two years ago. They picked us up at a location real close to the port. We rode on the a remote beach that does not get a lot of pupblic use. There seemed to be a lot of debris from the last huricane there. Maybe it is much better now. The web site said that they took Credit Cards, but they did not. So make sure you have enough cash to cover the cost. Have fun.

I did the Mayan Frontier horseback riding in Cozumel a few years ago - it was a decent ride, but as somebody who has been riding for 20+ years, it was just so-so. The trails are not actually trails, they are gravel paths. The horses were in decent shape, no behavior problems, and the guides were nice. My friends who went with me, who are not riders, thoroughly enjoyed the ride. I think as long as you aren't too experienced, you'll love it - but if you are a more experienced rider, not sure it's the best ride. There were 20+ riders on my group - too many to really be able to enjoy the ride.

Archived