9/27 Glory Sailing Talent Show/Bedtime Story Video Starring 'Mary'

KT-deck

Hi all!

My husband and I had a great time on this cruise and we hope everyone else did too!

I have a question for anybody out there...my husband and I absolutely LOVED the 'Bedtime Story' w/ Mary after the Talent Show...we hadn't laughed that hard in quite a long time. Anyone who witnessed it knows that it was beyond hilarious.

We bought a video of the talent show including the bedtime story Friday, but it wasn't ready until 6:30 am Saturday. We just threw it in the VCR today, and it does not work. We're not sure if it was recorded badly, or if it somehow became distorted from the x-ray machines at the airport. It was in my carry-on, so it was only x-rayed once. I've read online that x-rays do not harm video, except in rare cases where things like the monitor screen and other attachments may be too close to the belt.

Regardless, we have a bogus video and we were really hoping to keep that one for quite a while, since I've never seen anything quite like it. It would be a sure pick-me-upper anytime we threw it in the VCR. We also figured our families would get a big kick out of it. What a bummer!

Did anyone purchase the talent show/bedtime video from the 9/27 Glory sailing? Please email us if you did - greggandkatie@comcast.net . We would like to buy a copy from someone if we can. Thanks! We hope everyone had a great cruise!

Katie

If you want to keep people laughing, don't tell them that it is a "staged" production. After I realized that it was indeed staged, it wasn't as funny to me anymore, but that is just my opinion...............

Staged or not staged, regardless if it was all done by 'winging it', rehearsing once, or rehearsing a zillion times, I absolutely loved it. It falls right in line with movies like Austin Powers - the jokes never get old. I could watch things like that again and again with no problem. And with the parts that are staged, well then they get more credit because they are very talented people when it comes to delivering great humor and resounding laughter and pulling off stunts like that.

After returning from the 21st August GLORY cruise, I also hapen to receive a (complimentary) "Bed-time Story" tape together with some other stuff from my cruise.

I returned to Australia and the tape does NOT work after about 10 minutes of introduction.......

Am also interested to see whether anyone else has had this situation.

I will be returning to the Glory sometime this year and will obtain another copy! And as it was complimentary, decided not to complain! But in your case, I would do so as quickly as possible.

I would be happy to pass on your problem to John Heald - with whom I communicate on a weekly basis! E-mail me norman@designercd.com.au

Good luck.........

We were also on the "abbreviated" Glory cruise last week. I picked up a copy of the talent show/Bedtime Story tape at about 7:15am Saturday morning just before we left the ship. I just checked it and it is fine. I don't know if you tried to purchase it Friday night or not but we were told that the copies were still not ready by then because they were having problems with the duplicating equipment. They told us that if they weren't ready by Saturday morning that they would mail them. Since your tape is bad it is probably due to their equipment. The tape should not have been ruined by going through X-ray. Ours was in our carryon. There shouldn't be any problem getting it replaced as long as you have your receipt or your S&S receipt showing the charge. I doubt that they would want the bad tape back as evidence that you bought it.

This is Katies husband, Gregg, we did order the tape on Friday. They told us to pick it up around 9:30 that evening and when we went for it it wasn't ready. They told us to stop down at 6:30 on Saturday morning and it would be available. Well it was but the tape is practically blank with some unviewable parts.

We called Carnival and they told us to send the tape back to them and they would replace it withing 6 months! WOW that is a long time to have to wait. We plan on sending the tape back but to wait that long is a real downer. If you are willing to make a copy for us we will send you a blank tape and pay for postage or whatever you feel is reasonable for making us a copy. It would be creatly appreaciated. Let us know! Our email is on the original post.

Received from Heidi (John Heald's wife) from on-board the GLORY......

Have replied and hopefully your tape will be on its way soon......

Glad to be of assistance!

Storm'n Norman

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, 7 October 2004 2:14 AM

To: Norman Freedman

Subject: FW: Bedtime Story - John Heald Assistance

Hello Norman,

Hope this finds you well.

Just have them send their address and we'll have it sent out to them.

Heidi

Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 12:09 PM

To: GLORY CRUISE DIRECTOR

Subject: RE: Bedtime Story - John Heald Assistance

Yes,

Please get their address and we can mail them a copy. I still have this onboard here, so I'll do it and have it sent out right away.

Regards,

James

Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 10:05 AM

To: GLORY AUDIO VISUAL MANAGER; GLORY AUDIO VISUAL STAFF

Importance: High

can you help ?

Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 8:20 PM

To: GLORY CRUISE DIRECTOR

Importance: High

JOHN,

PLEASE FORWARD THIS REQUEST (E-MAIL TO ME FROM KATIE & GREGG) TO THE CORRECT DEPARTMENT (VIDEO)........

AND GET THEM TO ADVISE ME!

THANKS!

NORMAN

Norman! Thank you again so much for your assistance in getting us a working copy of the bedtime story from our cruise on the Glory from 9/27 through 10/2.

It is greatly appreciated. Its nice to know someone is willing to help where needed! We will be sure to take care of you and let you know when the tape is received!

Gregg and Katie

Archived