Aquapac

Jenbo57

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I have a quick question for those of you who use Aquapacs. It's hard for me to tell how pliable the material is (looking at them on their website); is it easy to use the controls of the camera through the plastic? I'm envisioning me in Grand Cayman, underwater, trying to photograph the stingrays, and not being able to take pictures through the darn bag!

I'll be bringing one of my point and shoot cameras, so it's not rocket science, but I'd still like to know that I can push all of the buttons I need to push!

Help!!! :D

The material is quite pliable and the bags are designed to allow you access to the power and shutter button, which are generally fairly prominent. Access to other functions will depend on how your controls are laid out. They don't allow you the level of access that a dedicated housing would, but they also don't cost $180!

Dave

Thanks Dave! I think I'll go ahead and buy one...figuring I'll get better pictures than if I bought an inexpensive, underwater disposable!

I love a lot of the pictures you post, by the way! I came across one the other day that you shot in Bora Bora -- breathtaking! If I had the patience, I might try to become a better photographer. As it is, the 123 page handbook I got with the Sony DSC-H3 I just bought is about 122 pages more than I want to read! :D

Archived