Noon flight in Miami...would you try it?

staylor

What do y'all think? Too risky? I am more familiar with Orlando....I wouldn't try it there, but I understand that the airport is only 7 miles from the cruise port.

I have read about keeping your luggage with you. We could do this if it would make it quicker.

On RCCL they let people disembark earlier if they have an earlier flight. Do they do this on Carnival, also?

Thanks in advance.

I think that you would be OK. You always run the chance of the ship clearing customs late but that does not happen often.

You can go to the Pursers desk and get special tags for early debarkation but Carnival also will allow you to carry your luggage off which will speed things up.

We cleared customs at 10:30 I believe, that was in Tampa... I don't know that I personally would book a flight that early, I know that anytime I have flown internationally out of Miami, I have always had trouble with customs (I guess it's a Miami thing)... just make sure there are other flights on that airline out that day, if you miss it, you can go standby on the next one... good luck!

We arrived into port at the scheduled time, cleared customs, and were sitiing at the airport by 11 AM with no problem. We had been the second group off the ship, as our flight was scheduled for 1220 PM (arranged through Carnival), and actually had time for a nice breakfast before our flight! :)

Should be NO problem...

Our flight this coming April leaves Tampa at 1159 AM.. Not worried at all! ;)

Archived