Is the Montreal port near the Old City??

martinimadam

Trying to get a hotel set up. Is the port (HAL) near the Old City? Is that a safe place to stay? Or are there other areas close by. I'll be taking a cab, anyway, from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Tried to do a search but kept getting a "Fatal Error" message!

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to get a hotel set up. Is the port (HAL) near the Old City? Is that a safe place to stay? Or are there other areas close by. I'll be taking a cab, anyway, from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the ship. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Tried to do a search but kept getting a "Fatal Error" message!

Thanks for any help.

We will be staying in Old Montreal this year. I'm told it is very safe. When I called the hotel, they told me that it is walking distance to the dock, but the sidewalks are cobblestone, and will mess up your wheeled luggage.

Hi,

Montreal is a very interesting City.

The 'so called Old City' is close to the waterfront but as far as I know the Hotels in that area are somewhat of a distant from the Cruise Terminus - Alexander Pier - definitely not within walking distance when pulling luggage behind one, cobblestones not-with- standing. There are two alternatives; one use a taxi from the Hotel to the Cruise Terminus or consider staying at a Downtown Hotel which would probably the same distance from the Terminus, but then you'd still need to use a taxi to the Terminus.

• 2 weeks later...

Springhill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal, Montreal

SpringHill Suites Hotel

445 St Jean Baptiste

Montreal, QC H2Y 2Z7 Canada

Discover one of Canada.s most vibrant cities at the stylish SpringHill Suites Old Montreal. Nestled within the most charming area, our hotel in Old Montreal is steps from the waterfront and major attractions and venues. Enjoy a stroll along our cobblestone roads. Take a cruise on the St. Lawrence River. Visit a museum or dine in one of our many quaint restaurants.

There are many choices and Montreal in general is a safe city to visit. Depending on when you want to go it can be a very busy city full of tourists.

Springhill Suites by Marriott Old Montreal, Montreal

SpringHill Suites Hotel

445 St Jean Baptiste

Montreal, QC H2Y 2Z7 Canada

Discover one of Canada.s most vibrant cities at the stylish SpringHill Suites Old Montreal. Nestled within the most charming area, our hotel in Old Montreal is steps from the waterfront and major attractions and venues. Enjoy a stroll along our cobblestone roads. Take a cruise on the St. Lawrence River. Visit a museum or dine in one of our many quaint restaurants.

There are many choices and Montreal in general is a safe city to visit. Depending on when you want to go it can be a very busy city full of tourists.

DITTO! 2 thumbs up! We stay there every year! I love Old Montreal...VERY lovely, charming,safe, on second thought...no, you will HATE it...stay AWAY!!! :p ;) :D

We will be staying in Old Montreal this year. I'm told it is very safe. When I called the hotel, they told me that it is walking distance to the dock, but the sidewalks are cobblestone, and will mess up your wheeled luggage.

Eh, grab a cab.....should be less than $10 CDN. I went from Old Montreal to the Centre Bell for a concert...a bit more of a distance, and I think it was about $8 CDN

Archived