Sea Princess - cabin j/c324

charliesdad

We have had the same arrangement twice on sea princess, so it can't be that bad. The cabin is well equiped everything you need fits in fine. There is plenty of wardrobe space. The cabins are well lit, and with good use of mirrors do not seem to cramped. She is a great ship, you will love it.

Internal cabin on Sea Princess. First Cruise. Three of us staying in there. Will we go stir crazy?!

I have not been on the Sea Princess but it looks similar to the Golden. The inside cabins are small. You'll get a notice saying to not put things in the hallway. At first I thought they were joking but that small coffee table they use to put promotional material in your cabin really starts to get in the way.

There are a few spots in the room were two people will not fit, i.e. if someone needs by the other person will have to pop into the closet or bathroom.

Being in there with my wife was fine. Being in their with someone I'm less intimate with might have been a problem. :)

The only real problem moments was when we were trying to get ready for dinner. Changing clothes goes better if you don't spread out your clothes.

When I was on the Sea Princess many years ago, I shared it with two others (inside cabin). We took turns taking showers and rotated as to who slept in the bunk (for some reason, the other two girls came up with excuses as to why they couldn't sleep in the stow away bed and I ended up there most nights). But, there is so much to do that I hardly doubt that you will spending much time in the cabin with your mates unless for sleeping and showering.

At first I thought they were joking but that small coffee table they use to put promotional material in your cabin really starts to get in the way.

On Crown I stowed that table in the closet, which is really like a walkin - no door. I presume the closet on Sea is also open.

The table took up some floor space, but I hung shirts, etc above it.

You can also have the room steward remove the table and store it for you, if you are sure you aren't going to use it at all, they will do this for you. But if you want to use it at times but not at others, then yes, storing it in the closet area would be the only way.

You can also have the room steward remove the table and store it for you, if you are sure you aren't going to use it at all, they will do this for you. But if you want to use it at times but not at others, then yes, storing it in the closet area would be the only way.

That's an excellent suggestion.

I didn't have a space problem so the coset was fine.

But I'm a solo guy traveling with only three pairs of shoes, total.

Three folks might have a few more shoes??:D

That's an excellent suggestion.

I didn't have a space problem so the coset was fine.

But I'm a solo guy traveling with only three pairs of shoes, total.

Three folks might have a few more shoes??:D

Only three pairs of shoes??? I can go through three different pairs before the ship has even left the pier!

Really? I will definitely ask if they can do this. We never use the table.

Thank you Toto2Kansas.

I have not been on the Sea Princess but it looks similar to the Golden. The inside cabins are small. You'll get a notice saying to not put things in the hallway. At first I thought they were joking but that small coffee table they use to put promotional material in your cabin really starts to get in the way.

The Sea is a different class than the Golden. The Sea, Sun and Dawn are sister ships. We were in A319 on the Dawn, and R342 on the Sun. No coffee tables in the inside cabins. We thought R342 had more space and was a little better laid out than the rectangular A319.

Perhaps you can get a complimentary upgrade to the Rivera Deck. It's far better to have an inside and be able to step out your door and have the pool on the same deck. I don't know if Princess only upgrades if they want, or if they will upgrade you if you ask.

Nonetheless, the Sea Princess is a wonderful little ship- Enjoy!

Perhaps you can get a complimentary upgrade to the Rivera Deck. It's far better to have an inside and be able to step out your door and have the pool on the same deck. I don't know if Princess only upgrades if they want, or if they will upgrade you if you ask.

You'd have a better chance of seeing God :eek: :D

Seriously though, Princess doesn't do upgrades on request unless you are willing to pay for it.

Now I know:eek: .

I hope you didn't take my comment badly, I was joking :)

While they don't do it on a complimentary basis, sometimes price drops make an upgrade very inexpensive. I booked a BA balcony for my Baltic cruise in June about a year ago. About 3 weeks ago, just before final payment, I noticed that the price of mini-suites on our cruise had dropped to the point where upgrading was very inexpensive. I re-booked in an AB mini on the Dolphin deck for $100 pp more than we were paying for a BA balcony cabin on the Caribe.

So free, no - but sometimes almost free :)

I hope you didn't take my comment badly, I was joking :)

While they don't do it on a complimentary basis, sometimes price drops make an upgrade very inexpensive. I booked a BA balcony for my Baltic cruise in June about a year ago. About 3 weeks ago, just before final payment, I noticed that the price of mini-suites on our cruise had dropped to the point where upgrading was very inexpensive. I re-booked in an AB mini on the Dolphin deck for $100 pp more than we were paying for a BA balcony cabin on the Caribe.

So free, no - but sometimes almost free :)

On no, I didn't take your comment badly. I appreciate the good information. I've watched for price changes and got upgrades too. HAL has upgraded me in the past. I called a couple of weeks before the trip. I went from an HH to a C. I called my T/A and told them that I noticed the cabin 2 doors down was still available, and asked if HAL would give me a complimentary upgrade. They didn't answer back to me yes or no, but when I looked at my booking on the website, my cabin had been changed. All cruise lines have different policies, and it helps to know what can be done, and what can't.:)

Happy sailing!

AC

[quote name=CaliforniaAC;14412569

The Sea is a different class than the Golden. The Sea' date=' Sun and Dawn are sister ships. We were in A319 on the Dawn, and R342 on the Sun. No coffee tables in the inside cabins. We thought R342 had more space and was a little better laid out than the rectangular A319.

Nonetheless, the Sea Princess is a wonderful little ship- Enjoy!

You'd better be right. I just yesterday switched from a rectangle based on your comment!!!;)

This is my first on a Sun class so I'm happy for any advise.

AND I recently saw a supporting comment on a different thread.

I, too, wanted Riviera deck for the same easy access. The Riviera insides were booked, but I'm only one deck down and directly below the buffet.:)

You'd better be right. I just yesterday switched from a rectangle based on your comment!!!;)

This is my first on a Sun class so I'm happy for any advise.

AND I recently saw a supporting comment on a different thread.

I, too, wanted Riviera deck for the same easy access. The Riviera insides were booked, but I'm only one deck down and directly below the buffet.:)

Just come off Sea Princess and the inside cabins which are not rectangular:confused: :confused: looked a lot more spacious than the rectangular ones. Cannot say for sure as we were in an opposite balcony cabin but we did notice that they looked very roomy:D Its a lovely ship and we had a great transatlantic from Barbados to Southampton:D

Just got off Transaltantic crossing on Sea Princess.Had a ocean Veiw on emerald deck with 4, 2 Adults and 2 kids 10 and 8. No problems with space or hanging space, although bathroom was a wee bit small. The cabin was ideal, and what a great ship. Happy Cruising!!

Just got off Transaltantic crossing on Sea Princess.Had a ocean Veiw on emerald deck with 4, 2 Adults and 2 kids 10 and 8. No problems with space or hanging space, although bathroom was a wee bit small. The cabin was ideal, and what a great ship. Happy Cruising!!

Hi

Did you have as good a time as we did?? We too thought the bathrooms were just a tad on the tiny side but the cabin was very nicely appointed. We had a balcony on Aloha deck which had a door onto the aft sundecks - great, when we could manage to get a sunbed. Fortunately our balcony had the sun in the mornings on nearly every day so we just kept to that until the sun went round to the other side. We thought the entertainment was firstclass as well.

Chris

We were on the Sea in the cabin with the cut in door and my daughter and husband were in the rectangular one. Their's was much more spacious.

Also there is a dimmer switch on the bedside lamp which you can turn down to just a glimmer which is handy if anyone needs to get up during the night.

We were on the Sea in the cabin with the cut in door and my daughter and husband were in the rectangular one. Their's was much more spacious.

I remember them this way too. We've had them both ways...the rectangular ones are generall off the shorter, perpendicular hallways, and the cutouts are off the main hallway.

The vanity area in the rectangular ones is much longer and the overall cabin seems much roomier than the cut out ones. However, we did just fine in any of them. It's just that if we are on the Sun/Dawn/Sea again, I would opt for a rectangular one, preferably toward the back of Aloha Deck.

Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like we'll be OK in an inside cabin, as long as we all get on! Where is the best place to check for continued cabin availability so that I can see if it's worth upgrading close to the day we sail?

Archived