1A on Conquest

kansas kruiser

1212 ? why would you want all the way in the front like that?

whats wrong with those famous 1As on the aft

2462 /2464

I am often in the position where it looks like I might be cruising solo but in the end someone usually ends up going with me and then I upgrade to an outside or a balcony.

The 1A's are nice for single cruisers tho since the cost is only 150% instead of the 200% on all of the other cabins.

I have pondered the question of whether to go forward or aft - I realize the aft ones are the larger rooms and have the two windows but some of the ones in the front have two portholes. I had actually booked a cabin before my sister decided to sail with me and had decided to take the forward one - I think it was 2116. To tell you the truth I am a bit leary about either since motion could be a problem for me but I have heard that the motion is worse in the aft and also there is a constant rumble and engine vibration in the aft - is that true? also, a diesel smell from the engines??

I just came off the Liberty and people I came to know had the last cabin on the side (nice large balcony) in the aft and they had no problem but I recently heard from others who had an aft balcony and they said the motion was very noticeable as well as the noise and vibration.

So, now I really have no idea which one I would take if that situation came up again.

Vibration is not constant-- only when pulling in or leaving a port.

Motion is felt more in the front of the ship compared to the aft.

if hitting rough waters you will feel motion no matter where your cabin is located-- more in the front.

sailing on the front like that- you also want to consider the anchor--which will drop in the wee hours of themorning and can be quite loud. only lasts a few seconds though.

two port holes vs two windows?? I would take two windows over the port holes.

2409676440102128397rZPNcN_th.jpg

1212 ? why would you want all the way in the front like that?

whats wrong with those famous 1As on the aft

2462 /2464

:cool: Those were the first ones I asked for, Already booked! I even checked on some other 1A's toward the middle, no luck. So that is the the one they gave me. Oh well port holes will have to do!!:)

:cool: Those were the first ones I asked for, Already booked! I even checked on some other 1A's toward the middle, no luck. So that is the the one they gave me. Oh well port holes will have to do!!:)

is it for your cruise in over 500 days??

ask the people to check to see if those cabins are onhold with an agent or are they deposited. Soem agent could be holding them for a group booking. If you are ready to deposit that room then it could be released.

keep checking to see if someone cancelled it too. It took me many months of waiting for a premo cabin on our upcoming Crown--- and it came available.

is it for your cruise in over 500 days??

ask the people to check to see if those cabins are onhold with an agent or are they deposited. Soem agent could be holding them for a group booking. If you are ready to deposit that room then it could be released.

keep checking to see if someone cancelled it too. It took me many months of waiting for a premo cabin on our upcoming Crown--- and it came available.

:cool: Yep, it is the Conquest Crazies, 500 days out, I talked with Jonha the same person we had on your group cruise, She said this one is taking every cabin available! They also have opened more cabins, so I will check in with her from time to time. Thanks for the advice!:)

Definitely keep checking. I booked 2216 on The Victory for 9/1 (glad I was able to find a cabin with two portholes). I kept checking and 2444 suddenly became available. Based on the recommendations made on this board, I immediately switched. So now I will have two windows and somebody else was able to book 2216 so they at least have two portholes.

Archived