Another alcohol post.. forgive me...

on 22 cruises we have never had a problem. we bring, vodka, vermouth, olives, port, and brandy on every cruise and leave the bar set up on the counter. the stewards always make sure we have extra glasses and plenty of ice.

If I want to have a drink should I have to either wait who knows how long for room service to bring me a drink or have to leave my balcony to head out to a bar and get a drink? .

Umm yeah!

Those are the rules.

The majority of us abide by them!

The answers are simple. Yes it is against RCI policy. But yes there are ways people get around that rule just like a million other rules in the world. Educate yourself on the ways around the policy if that is what you want to do. If you have no interest in bringing alcohol on board then don't even click a thread that mentions it in the title....

A simple question was asked which warrants an answer not a flaming of others answers. People listing their personal accounts of a situation that pertains to the question doesn't warrant such rude responses. if you do not agree with people bringing alcohol that's fine, no big deal but it isn't necessary to make unkind remarks.

Well - I can afford to buy my drinks on the ship if I really wanted to - but I'm not big into spending money I don't have to and on something that doesn't return reasonable value to me - that's wasting it - especially in this economy. A cruise has a high enough return on the investment I make in it to make it worthwhile for me to do so - so does airfare so I don't have to drive to port (which I could) - bar drinks on a cruise ship is not a good value in my opinion - it's wasting money. No different than I'm not taking a RCCL excursion - because I can do it myself cheaper. I'd rather save my money for *gasp* my next cruise, or retirement, or new tires for my car, or maybe even a second motorcycle.

THAT is living - in the real world.

If you can afford to take a cruise than I think you can afford to buy your drinks on the ship.

That's living!!!

The answers are simple. Yes it is against RCI policy. But yes there are ways people get around that rule just like a million other rules in the world. Educate yourself on the ways around the policy if that is what you want to do. If you have no interest in bringing alcohol on board then don't even click a thread that mentions it in the title....

A simple question was asked which warrants an answer not a flaming of others answers. People listing their personal accounts of a situation that pertains to the question doesn't warrant such rude responses. if you do not agree with people bringing alcohol that's fine, no big deal but it isn't necessary to make unkind remarks.

Amen to that!!!

So ARE you admitting that you actually STOLE or shorted RCI on $290 ?? ;) :D

Well done!

Only got through one of the bottles (only a 4 day cruise) so I gues it was only half that amount we saved. However, RCI got us back for $276 in misc. shopping, wine etc. plus another $100 for nextcruise.

We did resist buying any photos this time though if that counts. ;)

Well - I can afford to buy my drinks on the ship if I really wanted to - but I'm not big into spending money I don't have to and on something that doesn't return reasonable value to me - that's wasting it - especially in this economy. A cruise has a high enough return on the investment I make in it to make it worthwhile for me to do so - so does airfare so I don't have to drive to port (which I could) - bar drinks on a cruise ship is not a good value in my opinion - it's wasting money. No different than I'm not taking a RCCL excursion - because I can do it myself cheaper. I'd rather save my money for *gasp* my next cruise, or retirement, or new tires for my car, or maybe even a second motorcycle.

THAT is living - in the real world.

:eek: .....the saddest part is that you can actually justify that kind of behavior with a straight face.:rolleyes:

:eek: .....the saddest part is that you can actually justify that kind of behavior with a straight face.:rolleyes:

Agreed!

Our Maryland cruiser would never think of stealing his/her second motorcycle, but has no qualms about stealing from the shareholders of RCCL and all of us who pay extra because of the smuggling!

Agreed!

Our Maryland cruiser would never think of stealing his/her second motorcycle, but has no qualms about stealing from the shareholders of RCCL and all of us who pay extra because of the smuggling!

Pay extra because of smuggling? I don't get that - how are you paying extra because of pax that bring their own alcohol?

Pay extra because of smuggling? I don't get that - how are you paying extra because of pax that bring their own alcohol?

If RCI loses revenue in one place they will make it up in another.

Who do you think pays for theft in department stores? Those of us who don't steal do.

RCI isn't just going to absorb lost revenues. They will just cut the quality of items, like food. They will always protect their profit margin.

If pax smuggle they aren't buying drinks at the bar. They can say it is because of convenience and they don't want to wait for room service or it is too far to walk to a bar:rolleyes:.

A guy that robs a bank can always say the he held up a teller because he didn't want to wait at the drive through.:)

LOL - you all need to get a grip - stealing a motorcycle is ILLEGAL. A jailable offense. You know - a CRIME.

[quote name='yogimax']Agreed!

Our Maryland cruiser would never think of stealing his/her second motorcycle, but has no qualms about stealing from the shareholders of RCCL and all of us who pay extra because of the smuggling![/quote]

A rum and coke on a ship balcony compared to armed robbery

man, you all are really reaching!

[quote name='Bakincakes']If RCI loses revenue in one place they will make it up in another.

Who do you think pays for theft in department stores? Those of us who don't steal do.

RCI isn't just going to absorb lost revenues. They will just cut the quality of items, like food. They will always protect their profit margin.

If pax smuggle they aren't buying drinks at the bar. They can say it is because of convenience and they don't want to wait for room service or it is too far to walk to a bar:rolleyes:.

A guy that robs a bank can always say the he held up a teller because he didn't want to wait at the drive through.:)[/quote]

hmm, don't think so - plenty of people take booze out of and into countries - in luggage etc. If you are doing it on a big enough scale to be in importer/exporter it'd be different - but we're talking about personal consumption. Or, if it was say a muslin country - it would be an issue.

[quote name='bambidrummer']I like the smuggling idea. If you take booze out of the country that is smuggling. I wonder what the real punishment is for that.[/quote]

[quote name='AllieInMD']LOL - you all need to get a grip - stealing a motorcycle is ILLEGAL. A jailable offense. You know - a CRIME.[/quote]

And if you read your cruise documents, you will see that bringing alcohol onboard is forbidden and punishable by debarkation.

Sure sounds like a crime to me!:D

I was just on Brilliance of the Seas - Apr 4-14 Panama Canal and I along w/ my friend took in our checked luggage, wine and 2 bottles of rum. No problems whatsoever. It was nice to make a drink while getting ready for dinner or a nightcap before going to a club. We didn't do this to save money as we were more than willing to splurge on the 10 night cruise but more for convienence! Worked out well and no one said a word. Hope this helps. :D

LOL - sorry - doesn't violate any law. can you be arrested for it? or any law enforcement do anything about it? NOPE - therefore it isn't a crime :)

[quote name='yogimax']And if you read your cruise documents, you will see that bringing alcohol onboard is forbidden and punishable by debarkation.

Sure sounds like a crime to me!:D[/quote]

i obey all laws. as for their policies, i am aware of them. i pack what i want, i do not smuggle. If RCCL drink prices were a dollar each, i would still bring my own for the cabin also because we like the brands we like made the way we like them, when we want them. If RCCL wants to add a 50 dollar surcharge to pax that bring liquor for in cabin consumption only thats fine with us as well.

i agree wholeheartedly with southern cruise couple....this thread is not to blast people for their opinion...if you book your own airline instead of taking the rccl air option are you ripping off the shareholders?should you pay hundredsx of dollars more for airfare cause you can afford to go on a cruise?..if you book your own excursion instead of an rccl excursion are you ripping off the shareholders?..i dont believe that is the reason but more for convenience..we have large group going to the DR, the rccl beach break is 55 dollars no food, we booked it directly and ours is 45 including food and liquor and we have our own private bus for our group ( i dont think i should be in trouble for doing this)...one of our guests gets a suite to entertain us before dinner, should it be stocked with,,,uh,,nothing to offer? or should he bring on a few bottle to mix drinks at the bar supplied in his suite????..i dont get it a suite with a bar but you cant have liquor in your room?..oh well just a few thoughts

Archived