No NextCruise for UK customers

If you are from the UK and planning to do the NextCruise thing, don't get excited. As we found out last week it is only for US and Canadian residents. No rationale offered by the Loyalty Ambassador as to why UK customers can't do this.

It is a shame that we do not get the same perks, do we get vouchers from Crown and Anchor to put towards future cruises? With RCCL expanding into Europe and home porting Independence of the Seas at Southampton they need to keep us sweet!

If you are from the UK and planning to do the NextCruise thing, don't get excited. As we found out last week it is only for US and Canadian residents. No rationale offered by the Loyalty Ambassador as to why UK customers can't do this.

What a surprise!!!:D

The reason we here in UK dont have this option is due to the fact we have different cancellation policy ...yes it bugs me too but nothing we can do about it....and believe me I have tried and tried and tried.

How different is the cancellation policy? Does it favor the passenger?

Alex

I don't see why a deposit being non-refundable should be a problem. It may be that entering into a contract on the ship gives the buyer some sort of cancellation rights??

But, the LA would have been perfectly happy for me to book and pay a deposit on a specific cruise - just not the NextCruise flexible offer.

I don't see why a deposit being non-refundable should be a problem. It may be that entering into a contract on the ship gives the buyer some sort of cancellation rights??

But, the LA would have been perfectly happy for me to book and pay a deposit on a specific cruise - just not the NextCruise flexible offer.

I am not sure but check into your consumer protection laws. Maybe there is something in there for disallowing a cancellation with the loss of a deposit while no services are rendered.

I.e. if you have a NC and you find out that another cruise line is better and you want to cancel NC you would lose your down payment you put on NC.

LIZ

Can I get a bit of advice?

I`m guessing that when we are on the Independance next weekend, that I will not be able to give the on board cruise councellor a deposit for a possible repositioning on the Grandue in October?

If I can, will the price be more avantagous than a price I can pick up from an agent or website?

If I have to cancel, can I use the deposit to book another cruise with RCI?

Kev & Ali

Archived