Vancouver to Seattle? How long?

Posting from the UK here and thought this might be the quickest way to get an answer!!

We are flying out of Vancouver back to the UK on 15th Aug next year. If we were on a Cruise that returned to Seattle on the morning of 15th would we have a hope of making the flight home?

I will presume it's a flight home to Scotland, therefore you would have to be at the airport 3 hours prior departure. The drive from Seattle to Vancouver is approximately 2 to 3 hours and you have to cross the border. Crossing the border can take anywhere from 5 minutes to two hours, and since you are not residents of Canada or the US, it could take you longer. So basically, the answer is "no" you can't make that flight. I would suggest a leisurely trip back to Vancouver and then staying overnight.

I agree with the OP, you should allow 2 hours from the time your ship arrives in Seattle to the time you are cleared thru US customs and are on the coach. Drive time time with wait at border and construction delays on I-5, budget a minimum of 5 hours. So with the time to check in and clear security your 3 pm flight will not be doable but perhaps there is an evening flight that you could make.

Well I'm going to go against the grain and say that you should be able to do that without too much difficulty if it it not a US holiday and if you clear the ship and get into a vehicle northbound fairly quickly. It really should put you into YVR in lots of time. The border will be no problem for "Old Country " folks with valid passports :)

However.. I will say that to end your North American stay relaxed. Book that next day flight.

Posting from the UK here and thought this might be the quickest way to get an answer!!

We are flying out of Vancouver back to the UK on 15th Aug next year. If we were on a Cruise that returned to Seattle on the morning of 15th would we have a hope of making the flight home?

Yes, but only safely if you took a flight from SEA-YVR. Even then I think it would be a tight connection. From downtown Seattle to YVR is about a 3 hour drive, but the border can add anywhere from 2 minutes to 3 hours, so the variable aspect of it is of great concern.

Archived