Car rental~ Jeep

Inspiration_bride

Does anyone know where in cozumel we can rent a jeep?? We have always paid people to drive us around and we dont get to see much so this year we thought about renting a vehicle and doing it ourselfs!! Also we have a GPS (tomtom one) does anyone know if it might work there?

From what I've seen on these boards, a car is as good or better than renting a jeep unless you just have a desire to feel the wind in your hair. I think that all of the jeeps are 2WD so a car will go anywhere that the jeep will, plus the car is more likely to have A/C. Go to www.cancunmaps.com and purchase their Cozumel map and you should have all of the directions that you will need. The island has one main road that goes around it so getting lost would have to involve alot of alcohol. You will probably have to set your GPS for the satelites in the Mexican skies, but I'm just guessing. I have one but I can barely turn it on.:o

Also we have a GPS (tomtom one) does anyone know if it might work there?
It will work there IF your unit has the maps for Mexico. I doubt it does, but you should check it anyway, just to be sure.

I agree with just about the all that clackey wrote. Get a car. I've used http://www.cozumelinsider.com to rent a car for a week there. NO problems once-so-ever. Be sure to get the full coverage insurance.

From what I've seen on these boards, a car is as good or better than renting a jeep unless you just have a desire to feel the wind in your hair. I think that all of the jeeps are 2WD so a car will go anywhere that the jeep will, plus the car is more likely to have A/C. Go to www.cancunmaps.com and purchase their Cozumel map and you should have all of the directions that you will need. The island has one main road that goes around it so getting lost would have to involve alot of alcohol. You will probably have to set your GPS for the satelites in the Mexican skies, but I'm just guessing. I have one but I can barely turn it on.:o

well... my fiancee has a wierd facination with jeeps and he thought it would be fun... ;) thank you for your help with the map site... i might have to check it out!

It will work there IF your unit has the maps for Mexico. I doubt it does, but you should check it anyway, just to be sure.

I agree with just about the all that clackey wrote. Get a car. I've used www.cozumelinsider.com to rent a car for a week there. NO problems once-so-ever. Be sure to get the full coverage insurance.

i def will be getting full coverage... i have seen how people drive over there!

Archived