Trip insurance worthwhile?

cpgrneyes

We were on Oceania a couple of months ago. I have asthma and someone came on with "something" that went right through the a/c, and of course, I caught it. Actually, many people on the ship were ill from this. My husband also. He developed bronchitis. Long story short, our MDs bills from the ship amounted to $1400 for the both of us. Sure glad we had insurance because I'd hate to put that out of pocket.

Shop around Celebrity is not always the best offer BUT and THIS IS IMPORTANT READ THE FINE PRINT to see what is included and what not this way you can decide what product is best suited to your needs.

To go without is fool hardy when things go wrong. Just remember the young widow who lost her husaband on embarkation day and b****ed about RCCL still charging her. Well you may never NEED insurance but it comes pretty handy when things you cannot forsee start happening.

For anyone that has any kind of preexisting condition (I would consider high BP, maybe even high cholesterol) that you have seen a Dr. for should probably consider taking out insurance and the preexisting word is the key. In order to cover that (and I'm sure they would be looking for anything to deny you) you need to take out the insurance 14-21 days after making your FIRST payment for the cruise or whatever. The time frame will depend on the carrier. Also, oftentimes, the reservations for cruises, etc or made many months in advance, and lots of things can happen in that amt. of time.

Archived