Which Pent A or B - forward or aft?

mikemel49

We have the option for Med cruise Oct 25 of Pent A cabin 915 (bow) or Pent B 764/5/6 or 7 (near laundry).

I realise someone has asked about the laundries already but can anyone tell me if the bow or the aft is a better location - does it make a difference being on Deck 9 rather than Deck 7?

It's not that much difference in money, so I'd rather a smoother ride in a quieter cabin.

Any and all advice gratefully received

thanks

Not sure what ship you are on. The Voyager does have vibration aft (felt more on higher decks). Navigator has varying levels of vibration (we barely felt it anywhere).

For the smoothest and most quiet cruise, I'd suggest mid ship to slightly forward -- lower decks if posible (7 or 8 if they have penthouses). Deck 10 can be very noisy under the swimming pool. . . Last year the Cruise Director on the Navigator suggested Penthoue B 818 on the Voyager.

Oh, sorry, we are on Voyager...

we can't get forward on a lower deck, only on deck 9 (which is a Pent A), but there is only about $1000 difference for 2 of us).

Bick, I could not seem to open that thread you provided, I will do a search. Thanks.

We could get a silver seas suite on deck 7, but it's MUCH more money ($4000 per person!) - is it worth it, does anyone know? We travel quite a lot, and plan to keep on doing so as long as possible :) so this is not a once in a life-time cruise.

Oh, sorry, we are on Voyager...

we can't get forward on a lower deck, only on deck 9 (which is a Pent A), but there is only about $1000 difference for 2 of us).

Bick, I could not seem to open that thread you provided, I will do a search. Thanks.

We could get a silver seas suite on deck 7, but it's MUCH more money ($4000 per person!) - is it worth it, does anyone know? We travel quite a lot, and plan to keep on doing so as long as possible :) so this is not a once in a life-time cruise.

Go back to the Regent Seven Seas Cruise forum and search the forum for "Voyager vibrations". There's quite a few threads on the subject.

We have been in PHB 862 and 861, the latter being on a trans atlantic and had no real vibration issues, maybe slightly one night, but nothing really bad. I did several times walk aft towrds the very back and could feel a significant level of vibration and I don't think I could be in those cabins. Deck 7 should be about the same, as would Deck 9 and 10, as the PH's are all in the same area forward and aft on the ship, which I'm sure you noticed. I too think Deck 10 could have noise from the pool deck, but don't know and haven't talked to anyone in those. I have not heard any negatives about the forward PH's and when walking around in those areas did not notice any vibration. Good Luck. Hope you enjoy the PH, we love them.

764 and 766 are around the corner from the laundry which would be about the same as 862 that we were in. 763 and 765 are on the same hall as the laundry as was 861 last year, and we noticed nothing noise wise from the laundry and in fact it was quite convenient to pop in and out and quickly press something. I think you would be fine in any of those.

Archived