Anyone hear Carnival is discontinuing Formal Nights?

I read on our Roll Call that Carnival was discontinuing Formal Nights. I've tried searching for a thread on it but just keep getting a "Fatal Error".

Does anyone know if this is true for sure? I think I'd like that, to tell the truth. We usually dress up anyway but it'll save space in the suitcases because we'll be able to pack only things we can wear a few times. No suits and long dresses.

I've searched Carnival site too and can't find anything.

I just returned from a 5 day cruise on the Ecstacy. On formal night there were not as many people as usual dressing up. We did anyway, and had a great time. The other diners at our table wore regular clothes.

We saw many people dressed very nicely around the ship having photos made. It was fun.

As far as the wait staff, being dressed up, they look wonderful! We love the nice table clothes and cloth napkins. For those who are uncomfortable dining in a nice restaurant, there is always the buffet.

I say keep the dining room nice for those who enjoy the atmosphere and appreciate it.

Here's the link to What to Wear FAQ from Carnival's site:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspx

They have relaxed their dress codes recently.

Hope it helps. :)

I'm SO glad to see Heeley's are prohibited by Carnival. I hope Royal Caribbean prohibits them too, as they can be dangerous (and extremely annoying) on careless kids. :rolleyes:

Archived