Discover Scuba or Snuba?

lpbabygirl19

I will be going on the Carnival Valor May 25th, 2008 and was wondering if there are any good places for discover scuba or snuba?! Thanks in advance!

Have you had a chance to research the Scuba and Snorkeling Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40? Use the Search this Forum feature with Roatan as your key word. It will help narrow down the threads you will want to read for your research.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

My research tells me there are NO dive shops on Rotan that will do a discovery dive for cruise passangers!!?? The only way to do a discovery dive is through the ship $122.pp. I have been researching this for a month and contacted SEVERAL people and to date NO ONE has gotten back to me. I have done discovey dives in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman with NO PROBLEM! Go figure.:mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
My research tells me there are NO dive shops on Rotan that will do a discovery dive for cruise passangers!!?? The only way to do a discovery dive is through the ship $122.pp. I have been researching this for a month and contacted SEVERAL people and to date NO ONE has gotten back to me. I have done discovey dives in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman with NO PROBLEM! Go figure.:mad:

We just came back from Roatan and Subway Water Sports accomodates cruise ship passengers for Discover Scuba dives. My son and I took the tour and thought they were great. In fact it was just the two of us with an instructer, a diving intern, and the boat captain on the boat. Our dive was by a large coral reef where we went down about 20 feet.

They require a minimum of two signing up for discovery and require a $20.00 deposit each. They are also a 5 star PADI resort.

I would certainly use them again:)

I have done discovery dives in Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman with NO PROBLEM! Go figure.:mad:

With that many discovery dives, it's time you get certified! Do your classroom and pool work locally, then, instead of taking your checkout dives in the local quarries, take a weekend trip to Key Largo.

Archived