Mariner 4/25

BBfromCA

We have just arrived in Bermuda and Mark Conroy and officials from Apollo are onboard today and are doing a tour of the ship and commenting on what they will be doing during the next dry dock. Included is adding a staircase into the pool. They are also talking about things that will be "spruced up" (cosmetic things).

The Voyager will be joining us here tomorrow and we will be allowed to go aboard and visit her.

Thanks for the information on the Mariner (and Voyager). I, too, am interested in the drydock date (although I believe the ship will be in drydock early 2009 to replace the pod -- this could be a good time to do a upgrade).

There is another thread that discusses management changes and concerns about Regent. Your thread made me think about the recent upgrades of all three ships. . . . planning yet another upgrade could mean they are postponing the new build. Not a bad idea!

We have just arrived in Bermuda and Mark Conroy and officials from Apollo are onboard today and are doing a tour of the ship and commenting on what they will be doing during the next dry dock. Included is adding a staircase into the pool. They are also talking about things that will be "spruced up" (cosmetic things).

The Voyager will be joining us here tomorrow and we will be allowed to go aboard and visit her.

Conroy's main reason to board the Mariner is NOT to tour or comment on the ship, since he was there only 2 weeks ago. He and Regent's officals are on-board for a much different reason.

Regards,

Hal

Here is an update to my last post:

Mark Conroy and the Regent/Mariner team left us yesterday (in Bermuda) to hop onboard the Voyager (also in Bermuda) to do inspections there while it sails back to Florida.

During their days here, they inspected what seemed like every inch of this ship looking at carpeting (they had some carpet samples with them), condition of poles, walls, planters, chairs…..basically everything.

I had dinner with John, the cruise director last night. He told me that Apollo plans on spending $15 million on each ship to upgrade the public areas. He mentioned that Apollo has no plans in merging the classes of the Regent/Oceania/NCL ships. They want to have 3 distinct markets. He also stated that Apollo told him that they will not change any of the top crew on the ships.

Theresa, in the computer room, said that they came in and chatted with her and that they plan on putting in new carpet (instead of the current wood floors. This will allow for new comfortable rolling chairs), wood paneling on the walls (instead of that wallpaper) that will match that of the adjoining coffee area, and most likely laptops (that would have to be tied to the tables for fear that guests would take them...not to steal them...but to use them in their rooms for the entire cruise).

It was nice to see them asking the crew members about their areas. What they would like to see changed or added….and questioning themselves on why some things are the way they currently are. It really looks like they want to do a nice upgrade in the public areas.

docmsf,

The buzz on the ship is that the drydock will be during the 10 day gap in January, 2009.

Tavelcat2, I very much appreciate your curiosity and attention for reading.

Since you were once in HR, you should respect that somethings should or can not be broadcasted. However, if you send me an Email, I may share more.

Best Regards,

Hal

P.S. - Patience

hgj1234@aol.com

Archived