Sunset?

murphysmum

Hello...

Does anyone know what time sunset is in Bora Bora/Tahitian Islands in early May?

We're about to leave for Bora Bora and then Paul Gauguin and I like to make my reservations after sunset so that I can fully enjoy it. I've never been on the Paul Gauguin so I don't know what the view is like from the three restaurants.

I did read that Bloody Mary's has a sunset view so will try to be there to see the sunset.

Thanks!....and I hope that thinking about those sunsets brings back some great memories. I've seen some pretty memorable ones around the world.

murphysmum;)

The sunsets in bora bora are fairly early this time of year around 5:30 to 6:00. You can go to Pearl Resort Bora Bora Webcam to see what it looks like now and it is updated every 15 min. Sounds like you might be going on the PG when we are. When are you going? There are views from the restaurants but you have to go early to see them. The Grill Restaurant outside has good views but try to eat there only when in port or before the ship sails as it can be a little windy and bumby. Have a great time

I may be mistaken, but I don't remember any view from Bloody Mary's. It seems to me it was set back from the road a bit and completely enclosed, no views.

If you are inside the restaurant......no view. Frpm the front of Bloody Mary........you have a view of the lagoon and the sunset.

Hi!

I really appreciate the information all of you sent and will use it well. Knowing that sunset is so early, I realize that the two reservations I've made on the Paul Gauguin are after the sunset so no problem there.

Aurite....Yes, I think that we may be on the same sailing. The cruise departs on the 10th; we're flying in on the 5th, staying over in Papeete as we arrive let and heading to Bora Bora the next day for four nights. Are you on the same cruise?

murphysmum;)

Archived