Which sky Suite- please help us cruise?

uktog

We need to book a couple more cruises now for 2009 whilst the space is still in DH's diary. We are not on Quest for the first time until early 2009 so unlike on X we are still a bit on the dark about Sky Suites to go for (or to avoid). Can past cruisers give me any clues as most suites seem available for the sailings we are considering

Thanks

A

Dear Uktog,

I can't speak to which Sky Suites are the most desirable, but I have read on these boards that the last balcony stateroom (possibly the last two) Aft on deck 6 have obstructed views. The obstruction is due to the way the hull wraps around the aft portion of the ship. I am not sure if this is true on deck 7 and deck 8 (where all the Sky Suites are located). However, just to be safe, I think I would avoid the last two Sky Suites aft. Maybe someone that has been in these Sky Suites can comment on whether the view is obstructed.

One of the posters was upset as the obstruction was never disclosed by the Azamara rep., or on their website or any brochure containing deck plans. I would be upset as well. As I recall, he said that the hull wrapped in such a way that about half of his balcony was obstructed.

I would be my guess that a desirable Sky Suite would be somewhere midship, but not under the pool area.

Have a great cruise!!!!

We really enjoyed the location of our SS on Quest in Jan. 2008...We were in 8062. It is just aft of the elevators that take you to the dining venues, and as I have mobility problems it was really well located. Our friends were in 8060 and 8058 which are ever closer to mid-ship and that elevator.

Can't wait to return to Quest...and would want the same location again.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Thanks we are in 8056 for our first Azamara trip and am wondering whether just to risk that room again as then dh will be used to it; seems it is on the reverse side to the pool grill so should be ok

A

We were on the Quest in February and had cabin 8070. I don't recommend that cabin as it is very noisy at meal times as people in the terrace cafe move chairs around. The cabin it self is great and would book again but up closer to mid ship. I have heard that there is no noise from the pool area.

We really enjoyed the location of our SS on Quest in Jan. 2008...We were in 8062. It is just aft of the elevators that take you to the dining venues, and as I have mobility problems it was really well located. Our friends were in 8060 and 8058 which are ever closer to mid-ship and that elevator.Marilyn

We were in 8059 last November and loved the Sky Suites. Ours was under the doorway into the buffet area, and that did create some noise, but not that much - didn't keep us up at all. And the view was wonderful.

Marti

We were in 8055, a sky suite, on the Quest and the room was very nice. The size was much more user friendly then the regular balcony rooms. I heard some noise from upstairs when on the balcony but it was not a bother.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Quest from 4.12.08 to 4.26.08 (Eastbound Transatlantic). We were in room 8091 - which is all the way aft. The noise from the deck area above was quite bad. You can really hear the chairs being moved around from the Windows Cafe's outdoor seating venue. There is quite a bit of engine noise in the aft section of the ship. I got used to it after a few nights, but if I were to travel on the Quest again (which I hope I do!!), I will try to book a Sky Suite close to mid-ship or towards the forward end of the ship.

Just finished the 4/25 10 night med cruise in SS 8056 and we loved it. One room from elevator and aft stairs. Two minute walk up one flight to Windows for early morning coffee. No noise issues at all as I think we were below the Windows doorway and bathroom.

I would book the room again in a minute.

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for taking time to post the good news about 8056; so glad you enjoyed your time there - makes the anticipation all the more positive when you get this useful info on how nice a cabin was

A

Just got off the Journey and were down the hall from Ken!

I found that there was noise in my suite on a couple of days. I was directly below the Windows Cafe (inside) and on 2 or 3 days it sounded like furniture was being moved around and thumping at 3AM for about an hour or so. That cabin wouldn't be my first choice next time.

Still adored the cruise anyway - what's a few hours of sleep anyway! :p ;)

Archived