Gastric By-pass travelers -do you?

txtwinmom

I am 7 weeks out from my gastric bypass....and yes sugar alcohols have the same affect on me....I keep them around for a Lax...they taste so good....

I also am going on a transalantic cruise on Oct 31, 2010 aboard the Equinox....and have been in touch with them...they have posted it on our account and I was told to contact the Matire 'd when I get on board and he would take care of everything.....

All I did was email ..... special_needs@rccl.com and they took care of it for me....also the zip-lock bags is a good idea for snacks....and each room does have a bar frig in it.....

I am 3.5 years out. I still order all courses...although I usually skip a salad. I do like the apps & soup, the protein of a main course, and a few bites of dessert. The combo of lactose/fat/sugar still kills me, so dessert is a simple savoring vs a full out junk fest. I had RNY and to this day, the pouch will tell me if I ate ONE bite too many. Y'all know that feeling (well, DS'ers might not, they are wired differently).

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get protein drinks on Celebrity Cruises....or if you have to take the powder with you....or if you can

No, you can't get protein drinks on a cruise ship. But, you can take your own with you. Be sure to take a blender cup or something to mix it in.

ok....just one more question....do I pack the protein in my carry on bag or my suitcase....not to sure about transporting this sort of thing....going to the med/transaltantic

I would probably just put it in my carry on. You might want to keep it in the original packaging in case there is a question about it.

Did you just have surgery recently? By the time I was 5 or 6 months out, I was able to get plenty of protein from food only and rarely drank protein shakes after that.

I am just coming up to 3 months out and still can only seem to eat 1/2 cup at a time...hopefully by the time of my cruise which is this October I will not need the Protein shakes anymore....and that would solve everything for me....thanks for your help...really appreciate it

You're welcome. :) By October, you'll probably be up to about 1 cup of food at a time. As long as you're careful to stick with the higher protein options, you should be okay without the protein drinks. I would maybe just take a few single serving packets...just in case.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived